Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Jackalope,

I believe there are additional "situations" that come up when a 2009.5 BT/Onstar box gets mated (vinmatched / regreened correctly or incorrectly) to a NON-2009.5-CAR.

Like someone with a 2008 car who wants factory-function bluetooth. Or different 'generation' 2009.1 cars, etc.

And thanks for the information, Sheffield Steve, I didn't know that. That's probably why my light is red. Either that, or the dynamat on my back deck is keeping the battery at bay?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So all and all, I would need to spend the 250 for the bluetooth onstar unit 100 or so to get its Vin matched up. Then I would have both onstar and bluetooth functionality? Also would the bluetooth allow me to stream Pandora so I would need to find a unit to upgrade to sirius? Also what is the overall downside to the red light? Does it kill your cars battery faster or something? Sorry I'm dumb.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
The bluetooth is for handsfree phone calling to your BT-enabled cell phone, only. A2DB is what is needed for streaming music over bluetooth, totally different animal. The bluetooth of the phone "wakes up" and interrupts the radio for an incoming call (steering wheel controls or phone can pick up the call) and upon demand from steering wheel control input. It's all voice activated, and amazing for 2009 technology, which is why I retrofit mine into my 2009.1 car close to two years ago.

I don't know the specifics of other module compatibility, but I stand behind the 2009.5 upgrade, even though it's several hundred dollars when all is said and done. Worth it if you spend time talking on the phone in the car, it is safer than fumbling with a cell phone while in motion, which I do not endorse.

--zep

·
Big Bad Orange!
768 Posts
Anyone know about a 25990227 unit? Seller claims it works with G8's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone know about a 25990227 unit? Seller claims it works with G8's.
I can confirm that 25990227 does work for bluetooth, i just put it in my GT today and it works perfect. You do have to cut off the mounting tabs to make it fit in the G8's mounting system, but it's not really a big deal there.

I have no idea if these can be programmed to work for onstar since I really only cared about the bluetooth. I had to cut the white wire as specified in this post:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showpost.php?p=245182&postcount=59

Hope this helps :)

·
Big Bad Orange!
768 Posts
I need to know about the Onstar too. It's the wife's/family car and I have the onstar phone in case of emergencies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Chris white is most likely the only person who can answer if this unit is reprogramable since as far as i know he is the only one who can regreen the units.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can confirm that 25990227 does work for bluetooth, i just put it in my GT today and it works perfect. You do have to cut off the mounting tabs to make it fit in the G8's mounting system, but it's not really a big deal there.

I have no idea if these can be programmed to work for onstar since I really only cared about the bluetooth. I had to cut the white wire as specified in this post:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showpost.php?p=245182&postcount=59

Hope this helps :)
I did the above procedure as well with identical results. I called onstar and hung up before the operator answered. I do NOT have an onstar plan, only plan on using it for Bluetooth.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
Going to install a 25990100

got a 25990100 on ebay for 70$ i still need the bluetooth antenna unless he throws it in...
should be here sometime next week, if someone has already tried this let me know the results...

its from a 09 Z06 hope it works...

i dont think the guy knows hes losing bluetooth....

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
got a 25990100 on ebay for 70$ i still need the bluetooth antenna unless he throws it in...
should be here sometime next week, if someone has already tried this let me know the results...

its from a 09 Z06 hope it works...

i dont think the guy knows hes losing bluetooth....
Wont even turn on, completely wrong module. The only ones that will work 100% correctly in an 08/09 G8 are the ones listed on our site after programming.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
really that's shiesty, well it'll be here some time next week... and i get the antenna module tomorrow, at least i didnt waste too much money and i'm sure i can sell it... eh i'll plug it in anyway and give it a shot, thanks for the info chris, wish i had a little more patience...
i only want the bluetooth part so maybe just maybe it'll work but you are the expert so probably not huh...

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
Bummer

Thanks for the heads up. well anyone got a 09 vette and need bluetooth? lol...

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
chris will a 20842731 work? i know it wont be programmable just need it to work for bluetooth. i cant find the 20827036/ 2598444/ 20783877 any where... and looks like the last of them sold for 350$...

20842731 is out of a camaro, it looks like it has the right connectors, is this compatible? i saw a member on this thread mention he bought one but never followed up

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
chris is the master of this stuff

So chris was correct, the module i got didn't even power up... so i am still looking for a module that will work. in the meantime if you have a corvette and want bluetooth i've got the part!
anyway, please let me know what models worked for you guys, i know i'm supposed to be looking for a specific 3 but all my searches turned up nothing, so i must now look at other options. i know that there are some modules that work for bluetooth only, great thats exactly what i want, what modules are those?
please post the part number of the ones that are known to work for bluetooth. or a list of interchangable vehicles.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
chris will a 20842731 work? i know it wont be programmable just need it to work for bluetooth. i cant find the 20827036/ 2598444/ 20783877 any where... and looks like the last of them sold for 350$...

20842731 is out of a camaro, it looks like it has the right connectors, is this compatible? i saw a member on this thread mention he bought one but never followed up
Anybody know if theis will work for bluetooth?

·
Registered
170 Posts
20783877 Is the correct part number.

I wouldn't use the one I bought if you want Onstar, as I believe the 20787107 can't be programmed for Onstar and our cars. If you want it reprogrammed you can perhaps talk the dealer into it, or Chris White does it http://www.white auto and media.com/ (Not sure if they are a sponsor, so I apologize in advance).

And the little red light indicates that Onstar isn't working.....
What car is this off of?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
22 Participants
EMS Guy
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing