Pontiac G8 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
So, if I understand all this correctly, part #20787107 which I did find available for around $250 will work fine with our cars. There appears to be no bugs other than the fact Onstar will not work and that a red light on the mirror stays on.
Is there anything else I need to know prior to purchasing?

·
Registered
170 Posts
So, if I understand all this correctly, part #20787107 which I did find available for around $250 will work fine with our cars. There appears to be no bugs other than the fact Onstar will not work and that a red light on the mirror stays on.
Is there anything else I need to know prior to purchasing?
Supposedly that's it, however I couldn't locate this part number and settled with the BlueStar module for less $ and it works good, but the voice dialing sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Maybe I will check into Bluestar then.
Voice dialing always sucks.
Does it still integrate with the center monitor in displaying the incoming phone number, cutting out speakers, etc?

Wait, I need to carry an Onstar subscription? In addition to the $279 for the kit? Does this work through my phone or is it 100% through Onstar using my cellphone number? I'm very confused. lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Maybe I will check into Bluestar then.
Voice dialing always sucks.
Does it still integrate with the center monitor in displaying the incoming phone number, cutting out speakers, etc?
100% perfect in that fashion. Cuts sound and plays through speakers just like OE.

Incoming phone number and name appear on cenetr data screen between speedo and tach. It's flawless like that.

it's Costar. I stand corrected. Works great though.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Yep found the website and on Amazon. $279 with free shipping.
It's the BlueStar 2010 made by Costar.
Just ordered it. Will have it Friday.

Thanks man!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep found the website and on Amazon. $279 with free shipping.
It's the BlueStar 2010 made by Costar.
Just ordered it. Will have it Friday.

Thanks man!
Sweet! Enjoy

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
22 Participants
EMS Guy
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing