Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just finished up our last bit of testing and tweeking on the front bar and they will be ready to ship here in the next couple days. I know you guys have been waiting patiently for these and after driving our G8 GXP test car I can tell you they are definitely worth the wait.

Our test car already has our trailing arms and full bushing kit on it but it was still lacking a bit in the handling department (cornering). After these sway bars I can tell you the car definitely is much more fun to drive and considerably more responsive. Here are a couple of picture which aren't too great, but I will have some more up later today or tomorrow.

Attachments

·
GXP'd PBM GT 2009.5
480 Posts
I'm interested. How much? And how much install time? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There will be some sort of introductory pricing, I am not completely sure what the pricing will be at but I should know here pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested. How much? And how much install time? Thanks!
Install time in your driveway would probably be about an hour or so for the rear and two hours for the front. It isn't too bad of an install even doing it in your driveway.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Are there two holes for adjustability in the front? How many for the rear bar? And any numbers in terms of percentage stiffer than stock for each hole?

Thanks.

Very interested in these. I just installed the subframe braces and the driveshaft tunnel brace and did feel a stiffer chasis. Nothing night and day but I could feel a difference. Definitely impressed by the craftmanship and fit and finish of the products.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am very interested! But have a few rookie ?s
Is it pointless to only buy one at a time? If so which is the most noticeable?
Are all sway bars adjustable?
I am such a rook when it comes to suspension!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Can you give us more info, like X% more firm than stock, what they are made of, size of the bars, etc. That would help us more.
THX

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
I am very interested! But have a few rookie ?s
Is it pointless to only buy one at a time? If so which is the most noticeable?
Are all sway bars adjustable?
I am such a rook when it comes to suspension!
It's not pointless, but it may be cheaper in the long run to do both at the same time if there is a group buy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
interested

·
Registered
175 Posts
interested

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got a bithday coming up....hummmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Alright here is some basic information for the swaybars. The front bar has two adjustment holes and the rear has three adjustment holes. Both front and rear swaybars are hollow and made of DOM mild steel and they come with poly-urethane bushings. Here is a breakdown of size and stiffness.

Front 1.125" diameter bar Hollow
Wall Thickness 0.188"

Hole position 1: 87% stiffer than OE

Hole position 2: 137% stiffer than OE

Rear .875" diameter bar Hollow
Wall Thickness 0.156"

Hole position 1: 91% stiffer than OE

Hole position 2: 164% stiffer than OE

Hole position 3: 286% stiffer than OE

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope to have some sort of introductory pricing for you guys by the end of the week, Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They come in a black hammertone and red. The pictures posted in this thread are the black hammertone color which is a neutral color and goes with pretty much any color. Here is a picture of a set of red BMR G8 swaybars and black hammertone trailing arms.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 175 Posts