Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So a buddy and I are both looking to upgrade our suspensions and went and got FE3 shocks and struts, and BMR Super Pro bushings. Along the way, he found out to get a new set bearings as they tend to break when you seperate everything. Well, he got a OEM set but they don't fit the new bushings... I checked the BMR site and they have a set of bearings but for another $90.... So I'm wondering if anyone has come across this and what are our options...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I just installed the OE bearings in BMR bushings?
Mine were the blue ones which I believe are the super pro?
I could be wrong as I bought them from a member here.
Shaun

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I just installed the OE bearings in BMR bushings?
Mine were the blue ones which I believe are the super pro?
I could be wrong as I bought them from a member here.
Shaun

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Did the bearings come with the bushings? I'm the buddy he's talking about and they don't seem to fit.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nope, gm bearings, maybe the bushings have changed?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Ya know what guys. I'm an tired idiot. I just double checked and the OE bearings fit fine. Forgive my ignorance. Doh!!

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You shouldn't have any issue using a set of the factory strut mount bearings or any other OE replacement bearings with the SuperPro strut mounts. If you guys are having any issues please give me a call at the shop since I am not able to make to the forums as much as I would like to due to how busy we are here in the shop.

Kyle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.