Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was on my way home from the gym tonight and ran into a 2012 M5 on a back mexican road way. He had exhaust from what I could tell and maybe some other mods. I enticed him with a little blurp of the throttle. We ended up getting stopped at the next light side by side. He asked if I wanted to run them from a dig. I agreed of course.

On the first run he boils them and I leave him by a couple train lengths. This kid was in dire need of a driver mod.

We got stopped at the next light and he asked if I wanted to go again and he was gonna "try something different". So we take off and I instantly pull a car on him and then keep him there until about 80.

We tried a 20 roll for our third bout. He instantly pulled about a half car on me and then slowly started to put about a car length on me. He was definitely faster than me but just couldn't plant the power in these cold mexican nights.

I wish I had my GoPro with me :whine:

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Yeah the F10 M5 is no joke! Way to represent bro!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wow nice man! Those are bad ass rides, sounds like you put up a good fight. Too bad those arnt awd.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys it was definitely a good fight between us. I love my car but those things just sound like pure sex when you lay into them.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You have long tubes ?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
209 Posts
I test-drove an M5 a couple months back and they are no joke fast. I'd love to own one, but $90K is just too much. Nice runs, way to represent OP!

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice run man. I looked at one at the BMW dealership it stickered at 107 grand. Its one hell of a car but too rich for my blood. OAN: those huge brakes look hella sexy to me on it.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Awesome run man! I am not sure what M5 transmission is in those, but they do contain launch modes that are for dummies... I guess he didn't use it or had a manual.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I CALL BULLCRAP! THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO AN M5!

Nah... sounds like a good run just felt like being the douche in this thread lol.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome run man! I am not sure what M5 transmission is in those, but they do contain launch modes that are for dummies... I guess he didn't use it or had a manual.
Thanks! He had the manual....the first race he was revving it to the moon and dumped the clutch. I was like ughhh yeah you need a driver mod bad :slap:

btw your new front bumper looks amazing!
I CALL BULLCRAP! THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO AN M5!

Nah... sounds like a good run just felt like being the douche in this thread lol.
Lmfao it's always the mustang guy :judge:

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Thanks! He had the manual....the first race he was revving it to the moon and dumped the clutch. I was like ughhh yeah you need a driver mod bad :slap:

btw your new front bumper looks amazing!
LMAO, that's pretty funny. I wonder if he thought he could get away with it.

And thanks! It looks even better in person. I need to use my real camera to capture a photo one of these days...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO, that's pretty funny. I wonder if he thought he could get away with it.

And thanks! It looks even better in person. I need to use my real camera to capture a photo one of these days...
Lol who knows. He was real young probably like 20. Daddy definitely bought him the car.

I bet. I can only imagine how confused people are when they look at your car and don't know what the fukc it is.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Probably. When I owned the M3, everyone told me that my "Dad" had a nice car. I think being young and owning a M series, most people think that. When you watch them drive the car, it becomes obvious if they bought it themselves or if their parents own it. This def sounds like it's his daddies car.

My G8 gets so many looks now, it's funny. I use to get a ton of looks driving the M3 in the old area I lived in (mostly because making 15/hr or more was un heard of out there ... poorer area). I now live in a place where Ferraris, BMWs, AMGs, Teslas, Porsches, etc... are super common so the G8 never got a second glance. Now, pretty much everyone looks at it. I let my fiancé take it to the store and she had an audience of people starring at her and her best friend as they got out of it. Pretty much, "WTF, two chicks own that thing?!".

I'm now getting called out by some pretty bad a$$ cars. One of these Saturdays, I'll be racing this dudes Viper (def bring my hero 2 for that). I would have done it last night if I wasn't helping a friend move. We both can't launch so I'm hoping for a 50MPH roll start for 1/4 mile run.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Probably. When I owned the M3, everyone told me that my "Dad" had a nice car. I think being young and owning a M series, most people think that. When you watch them drive the car, it becomes obvious if they bought it themselves or if their parents own it. This def sounds like it's his daddies car.

My G8 gets so many looks now, it's funny. I use to get a ton of looks driving the M3 in the old area I lived in (mostly because making 15/hr or more was un heard of out there ... poorer area). I now live in a place where Ferraris, BMWs, AMGs, Teslas, Porsches, etc... are super common so the G8 never got a second glance. Now, pretty much everyone looks at it. I let my fiancé take it to the store and she had an audience of people starring at her and her best friend as they got out of it. Pretty much, "WTF, two chicks own that thing?!".

I'm now getting called out by some pretty bad a$$ cars. One of these Saturdays, I'll be racing this dudes Viper (def bring my hero 2 for that). I would have done it last night if I wasn't helping a friend move. We both can't launch so I'm hoping for a 50MPH roll start for 1/4 mile run.
Lol yeah I usually try to give people credit for buying their own things because I have been accused multiple times of driving "dad's car" but I find it hard to believe he could afford a 100k car at 20ish years old. If he could then I need to get into whatever business he is in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts