Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it had been a while since I took my G8 to the track. I added a VCM intake, ceramic coated OBX LTs and midpipe with Kooks axle back, and a Monster stage 3 clutch. My goal was hit 11s with just boltons, but I missed my goal by a hair!! The monster clutch was perfect, and the hoosier DRs were hooking HARD! I blew the last pass, but all in all it was fun. I still need to learn the new clutch. I hope to hit 11s next time out. Then I will add a custom cam with a ZL1 blower. :driving: Here are some vids and a couple pics. Also, no weight reduction whatsoever. Only track prep were the DRs. Check it out. :driving:

Now for the videos

First run:

My [email protected] to the Charger's [email protected]

2nd run:

My [email protected] to the Camaro's [email protected]

My [email protected] to the 350Z's [email protected]

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sounds great, and 11's are right around the corner !

Awesome job

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Real nice times, sounds like you were leaving at 4 grand or so. What were your 60fts? You wasn't dropping the clutch, more like letting it grab and then letting it go. Sometimes you get better passes that way.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow, very impressive times! I'm amazed honestly, I never figured these cars could hit those times with such minimal mods.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
oh crap! if you can post a timeslip to the right thread you should have the new all motor M6 record. what was DA?

i held it previously with [email protected]
oh great now we will never hear the end of it :slap: LOL

i dont remember what he said the DA was , but it was alot lower(by more than half) than it was when i ran my 12.13 during the day the day after his runs

you need a 2nd gopro for the in car ;)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks to all. I was actually kinda bummed I didnt hit 11s, my wife thought i was crazy for it too. Im going to try going for it on March 7th again.

As far as how i left the line, i left at 4500-5000 rpm with a "slip/drop" action of the clutch. Never been a fan of dropping the clutch in fear of snapping some stuff.

The D.A on my last run was 1,382 ft. Which is not bad imo, but ive seen it better. Track elevation is 1,243 ft. I am hoping I can get the same or better d.a on the 7th. Im starting to wonder what my car would run in negative d.a. I can only dream at this point.

As far as removing weight, not a fan of it. I like to run "as is". Baby seat and all. My family always comes along, so i like to ride in comfort on the way back home and hit up In n Out. Its a tradition for me. Lol. Im actually thinking though, I may have hit 11s if i would have told my wife to remove her purse from my car. Thing must have bricks in it!!!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, forgot to mention it. It was only a 1.78 60ft. Im hoping to get it down next time out. I only had 3 chances this past friday and the clutch has a MUCH different feel from stock.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Btw guys, here is the time slip of my best run..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
hmm , let swap brakes and rear tires and see who wins , lol

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Nice driving for sure. Im more of a fan of riding the clutch out a little as well but you might try coming off of it a little more aggressively but do that at 3500-4000 instead of 4500-5000. I really don't know if that will help or hurt but it just something to try to get that 11 sec pass. Were you lifting off of the throttle for the shifts?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks man. Yea, I'm going to try a lower PSI in the tires next time and leave a little more aggressively.

Yes, I was lifting on my runs, although I was only lifting about half way, maybe less. the 1-2 shift gets the most lift though.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
25 Participants
STAGEUP
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing