Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a buddy with a 93 camaro (speed density) with K&N intake/ longtube headers off road y and magnaflow exhaust. its a m6 car stock gears. he thinks he can take me in the 8th and maybe in the quarter. my mods are in sig. I used to own an lt1 so i don't think he has a chance, not in the quarter anyways. what do you guys think?

·
Administrator
4,922 Posts
I'm going to say its going to depend on his driver mod. Should be close. Did he mention what 60' he normally pulls?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I'm going to say its going to depend on his driver mod. Should be close. Did he mention what 60' he normally pulls?
and hope he's not running a DR. On street tires the camaro would be a mid-high 13's car i would think.

Deezomaxima's car went 13.4 on the 87 tune with the Cortex this past weekend

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sounds likes it's going to be a close one.. The 93 m6s had taller transmission gears than the rest of the later years. I used to have a 94 T/A with an m6, cai, catback, mail order tune and DRs. I went 13.3 @ 104.6... Headers are worth another 20rwhp iirc

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think you will take him, ive raced a couple of lt1s with the same mods including cam and head work and the only mod i had over you was LT headers and its pretty much an even race with the g8 having more top end. You should take him ..just dont expect a blow out...it will be close.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
That would be a very interesting race! Drivers being equal, I'd put my money on you without hesitation.

I know it's not directly comparable, but my buddy has a '96 Impala SS with E/I/T, including headers and trans tune, and he's still well in the 14s.

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
I know it's not directly comparable, but my buddy has a '96 Impala SS with E/I/T, including headers and trans tune, and he's still well in the 14s.
Is his name Nelson, by chance?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.