Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to get a catback system (can't take it)... Does anyone have a borla clip besides the Haddad clip (since it was heavily modded). Borla doesn't have a clip on their website... I know this has been asked before, but is Corsa worth the extra $???

Thanks!

·
Banned
7,067 Posts

·
Banned
7,067 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have custom axlebacks with Borla turbo mufflers and there's some drone at certain RPM's. It doesn't bother me (in fact I like it) but if you want a drone free system go with Corsa.

Here's a video of my car with the Borla axlebacks. As you can see it's not bad at all.

When you say go with Corsa, are you refering to a full cat-back system or axleback like yours?

·
Banned
7,067 Posts

·
band
568 Posts
Since I am apparently the only person in the world with a production Corsa system on my car I will try and get some newer sound clips up now that the weather is getting better.

I have posted before, if you don't want any drone then stay away from the axle-back kits. When working on my car Corsa's original plan was an axle-back system. It would've been incredibly easy to install and the cost would've been MUCH lower. In their quest to make the system "right" without drone, they ended up with a full cat-back/x-pipe combo.

·
G8 GT Owner
595 Posts
Since I am apparently the only person in the world with a production Corsa system on my car I will try and get some newer sound clips up now that the weather is getting better.

I have posted before, if you don't want any drone then stay away from the axle-back kits. When working on my car Corsa's original plan was an axle-back system. It would've been incredibly easy to install and the cost would've been MUCH lower. In their quest to make the system "right" without drone, they ended up with a full cat-back/x-pipe combo.
yes, would love to hear that sound clip!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the sound clips posted thus far....

·
Enthusiast
960 Posts

Any pictures or clips? Please!

·
band
568 Posts
Search for the original Corsa thread and my username. There are some in there from one of the prototypes. It is pretty close to what ended up as the final system. Except that the final sounds much better, especially at idle.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it sounds as good as my Corsa dB blacks with no drone, I'd buy them..... for up to $1,200 but not $1,750....

·
Registered
27 Posts

From my research, this is precisely what I'm finding. Corsa seems to have really done their homework on the cat-back for our cars in terms of eliminating the drone. One question, has anyone found out whether the Borla cat-back eliminates the drone as well? Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
From my research, this is precisely what I'm finding. Corsa seems to have really done their homework on the cat-back for our cars in terms of eliminating the drone. One question, has anyone found out whether the Borla cat-back eliminates the drone as well? Thanks for everyones input.
Traditionally speaking, Corsa have always been about zero-drone systems which are about as quiet as stock when you're off the gas, while Borla have usually been about more aggressive-sounding exhausts and usually have a bit of drone. It's a matter of personal taste. I would imagine that this will probably apply to the G8 as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts