Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake lights have been blowing out within a 6 month period and it's been pissing me off. I bought Sylvania's but now thinking of finding LED ones. Anyone know what brands are good ones and last longer?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I bought mine at Wal-Mart has been almost 2 years.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
During the first 6 years , I only lost 1 tail brake light element. Seeing the totally unfair price for either 1 or 2 OEM type lamps, I elected to buy a 10 pack of OEM style 7443 lamps for $8. I replaced both lamps (since I had to get into the one side). I can't come up with a reason, as to why your oem lamps are crapping out at the 6 month time span. But later on, I elected to switch over to an LED version of the 7443 lamp. I chose the Diode Dynamics *XP80* version. Now all the brake lights have the same tone of RED, an of course all 3 light assemblies now have a matching on/off illumination time speed. An the illumination level is very good. Granted the initial cost is up there, but I like the looks, illumination speed, and the matched color, that the 3 brake lights now have.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I do not remember exactly the price I paid, but 2 bulbs where less than 5 dollars. Some of the prices here for some of the parts are outrageous. When I first got my FE3 shocks & struts one place wanted over 700.00. I know you can get them for 329*.00 from Maryland speed way but after shipping of 100.00 plus & many more fess it would still cost over 500.00. I ended paying 450.00 locally. The the Us exchange rate does not help either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts