Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the computer not let your car do a brake stand?
or a Park burnout...

·
PHAN BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
615 Posts
turn off ESP and STC... its the button located b/t the heated seats buttons... if you have those...

·
PHAN BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
615 Posts
press it once, lol... turn that nanny **** off, press the brake down as hard as possible, bring revs up, tires should start smoking around 3000 RPM's... thats how i do it...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Don't even have to push the brake that hard. ETC off, press brake, press gas, tires will start spinning slowly, then erupt into smoke. Pretty easy.

I was practicing lauching the car last night. If you STAND on the brakes, the car won't let you rev past 1500rpm. Car still takes off okay, but it won't smoke the tires on launch. Slight hop, slight spin, and off you go. Damn TQ management.

·
Big Bad Orange!
768 Posts
What the hell is a Park burnout? Do you put the car in park and hope it will burnout??? Just playing around last weekend before the car had hit 500 miles even with the ESP turned off it didn't want to spin the tires when you punched the throttle too bad. This thing needs a tune bad!!! Waste of a perfectly good V8 by detuning the crap out of it!

V

·
0 Posts
What the hell is a Park burnout? Do you put the car in park and hope it will burnout??? Just playing around last weekend before the car had hit 500 miles even with the ESP turned off it didn't want to spin the tires when you punched the throttle too bad. This thing needs a tune bad!!! Waste of a perfectly good V8 by detuning the crap out of it!
You are in michigan, come on over and see us! We'll get you taken care of.

·
Big Bad Orange!
768 Posts
I know...I told the wife about your intake and tune package and she didn't think I should spend the money since we have a baby on the way and other things that we need right now! Maybe next year!

·
The dark side
34 Posts
I know...I told the wife about your intake and tune package and she didn't think I should spend the money since we have a baby on the way and other things that we need right now! Maybe next year!
just tell her that it will be saviny you money bc you will be getting better gas millage.

V

·
0 Posts
Yeah its pretty hard to argue with a baby on the way, congrats!

·
Former G8 GT Owner LOL
229 Posts
I haven't been able to get the tires to spin either, except once on wet pavement and it was only a slight slip. The car will perch up really nice but the brakes hold tight.

·
Party Liquor Hybrid
254 Posts
this is what i have found also, the car grips so damn good. which is a good thing racing, but bad thing if you wanna have a little fun and eat up some tires.

·
Queen of the Quarter Mile
518 Posts
Our son turned two months yesterday. What did we do? Go out and buy a 30 thousand dollar car. LOL Don't let a kid hold you down. Tristen enjoys riding in the G8 with his Mommy, don't be fooled!

·
Big Bad Orange!
768 Posts
There's some torque management in my SS but this is REALLY bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can easliy burn rubber in my G8. Turning of the traction button and slammin the throttle always leaves to nice burnout marks. The other night I also test it's 1/4 mile time with my tazzo computer. Leaving it in drive with TC off I got a [email protected] with a 2.2 60' time.

Next week I'm going to the track to get the real numbers. My G8 is as fast as my 04 GTO 6 speed. I was able to burn down the 1/4 mile in [email protected] in my GTO. I'm pretty sure I can get a 13.5-6 easy in this car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
12 Participants
h3llphyre
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing