Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have looked thru stikies and searched but not found what what i'm looking for. I have the 2009 cts-v 6 piston calipers ordered what are the front brake rotor options. is the 2009 up cts-v front rotor the only application for this setup on or g8's?

Thanks for any help or input
Tom

·
Registered
825 Posts
Any CTS-V gen 2 rotor will work for us too. I'm almost positive the Z06 and ZL1 rotors are the same, so you have any of those offered options to choose from also.

Were you able to get a good deal on the calipers? From what I have seen on Ebay, it's more economical to buy all 4 at the same time, then source the pins/pads/hardware after that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the 2nd gen cts-v had larger rotors than the camaro didn't know corvette rotors where a option. My parts house is giving me a deal since this is my personal car. I can buy loaded calipers (pads,hardware) cheaper than I can buy used calipers. I wish I could pass this deal on but I had to beg to get them to cut me a deal. If anyone has anymore info on rotor options please let me know.
Thanks Tom

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I cancelled the centrics ended up going with brakeperformance.com dimpled and slotted front and rear. Have about 2000 hard miles on them work great.
interesting. I thought they removed the front from sale because of incorrect design.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got mine back in may I guess I got the last ones they fit perfect and no braking issue's. I wonder if it was patent issue there are no fronts on ebay or the google search I just did either. Also just checked the brakeperformance site rears only.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Tirerack carry centric for a good price I got the cryo treated ones very nice quality rotors

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
Know you've already purchased a set, but figured I'd chime in...

The Camaro ZL1 rotors are the new two-piece aluminum-hat and iron disc piece, but they're made for the same calipers. So they'll work on our car with the 6-piston calipers. It's the same rotor that is sold now on new-from-the-lot CTS-V's.

I guess the old one piece, bimetal co-cast rotor - aluminum hat cast into the iron rotor - was retired. I still run an old set, however, and they're fine.

Rotors from a Corvette can work... with modification, I believe. The bolt pattern is slightly different. But it'd also need to be the carbon ceramic rotors from the ZR1 or Z06 with Z07 package, and then I couldn't tell you how the calipers and pads differed.

The Corvette Z06 otherwise uses PBR calipers as standard fitment, not Brembos. The rotor size isn't right for the CTS-V 6-piston calipers you'd be trying to use them with.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You're running blanks though, right hayabusa?
yea blanks. thats all i need. they are the most reliable and perform the best.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Anyone know if the second gen cts-v 6pot calipers will work with the camaro SS rotors. I know they are slightly smaller. But I could have sworn I ran across a post that someone ran them before with no issues.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
They will not work the camaro rotors are way too small
You might have mistaken the camaro zl1 rotors

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.