Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed front Brembo's and I am having a bleeding issue. I seem not to have brakes on the first push of the pedal, but it catches on teh second and third is the best. What do you guys think...bleeding issue maybe?!

·
SHTNGET
828 Posts
Yes, I would rebelled them if it were me. Start with the outside bleeder then the inside bleeder. Also make sure the brakes are installed with the bleeders facing up (I have seen people install them upside down) if you are going to rebelled the whole system, start at the pass rear, go to the driver rear, then pass front and finish at the driver front

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Yes, re bleed. Are the banjo bolts the same on Brembos? If so check the copper washers(if they have them) for seal leaks.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would follow all of Likwid's advise, but do it in the orders called out by the factory service manual.

Brembo bleeders inside than outside.

Car bled in an atypical order due to its conversion from a Right-hand drive car with the ABS pump still on passenger side... Bleed the longest line first.

Driver Rear, Passenger Rear, Driver Front, Passenger Front.

The first pedal press after messing with brake calipers and pads will always feel like no brakes as the cylinders take up the slack. The second and third presses should feel about the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx gents. My bleeders are up in the right direction. I am going to try to bleed the inside bleeders as well and see what happens, then if need to I will do the whole system.
thx fellas...will let you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeppers...stupid me...i should hae bled the inside bleeders as well..OOPS. Love them! Oh it was a good thing I did this cause I just noticed that I need lower control arms BAD!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.