Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
double post?

The answer to your question is YES, but it depends on what you consider to be the definition of "without any adjustments".

There are several things that will have to happen to accomplish what you're asking.

First, clarify whether you're asking about front, rear, or both ends of the G8.

1. SS front calipers require 14mm bolts to mount to the front knuckle (spindle). The G8 was built with 12mm bolts in these same positions. In order to mount the SS front calipers, the holes in the knuckle(s) will need to be enlarged to accept 14mm bolts.

2. The larger SS brakes will not clear stock G8 GT production 18" or 19" wheels without a spacer--is your G8 still fitted with the OEM wheels?

3. If you are also talking about rear brakes (from 15-17 SS) there's more to do, but let's hear from you first....details please--need answers to the question posed above (in bold).

Finally, it looks like you're new to the G8 Forum. When you have a question and don't get an immediate response, don't start another thread on the same topic. Go back into the first thread and post something that will bring it to the top of the active topics. And please go to the other thread on this topic that was posted and delete it.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
you do not need to drill the knuckle if you are using Chevrolet ss or Cadillac cts v calipers.
I believe the PPV, SS, 5th generation Camaro, and second generation CTS-V front knuckles were enlarged to 14mm. The first generation CTS-V and G8 use 12mm holes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the Chevy SS calipers (Not Camaro SS) and did not have to drill. You will need to buy the GXP bolts but no drilling to the calipers.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I have the Chevy SS calipers (Not Camaro SS) and did not have to drill. You will need to buy the GXP bolts but no drilling to the calipers.
You need to clarify...you converted your car using SS front knuckles, which were already sized for the 14mm bolts.

GXP bolts are 12mm, and the calipers he's looking at require 14mm bolts.

Bottom line, a G8 that has not been modified will not accept the 14mm bolts to mount SS calipers....unless or until the knuckles are modified by enlarging the holes for the bolts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m having trouble with getting Chevy SS brembo brake calipers to fit on my 08 Gt in the rear. I have tried installing them with Chevy SS rotors and had no luck now I’m looking into the Camaro rotors is there anyone out there that can help please?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I’m having trouble with getting Chevy SS brembo brake calipers to fit on my 08 Gt in the rear. I have tried installing them with Chevy SS rotors and had no luck now
Front calipers on the rear or rear calipers on the rear?

Please explain "had no luck now."

I’m looking into the Camaro rotors is there anyone out there that can help please?
Camaro rotors are too large. Unless you purchase the custom caliper bracket that was made years ago (you will not have a functioning e-brake in that case unless you go custom).

·
every village has one
2,126 Posts
You will need late Chevy SS rear rotors. Early SS did not have rear Brembos.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
The 12mm mounts is why the CTS V V1 calipers are popular . No drilling and still available on Amazon. $137 rear, $192 front

·
Registered
51 Posts
The 12mm mounts is why the CTS V V1 calipers are popular . No drilling and still available on Amazon. $137 rear, $192 front
I think these prices might be backwards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
kevtheo1191
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing