Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the ONLY place to post any bugs/errors that we may have overlooked during our testing of the updated site. Please be specific in your reporting, and include error messages/screenshots in the post. If you have any questions or comments, a discussion thread has been started HERE.

Thanks for your Patience and Support!

Nadeem

·
Registered
180 Posts
sorry, PMed before I saw this. Site content still takes over 20 seconds to load. Only site I have this problem with. I use XP with IE7...

·
Administrator
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, PMed before I saw this. Site content still takes over 20 seconds to load. Only site I have this problem with. I use XP with IE7...
Give it a minute, we were still making some background changes. Let me know if it is still slow for you tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Nadeem

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Just so we have a record of it. In IE text in most posts appears default center aligned instead of left aligned. Not every thread is affected. The Q&A thread has been fixed, although this thread is still centered. Private message content also appears centered.

Actually did not think of it as a bug at first, thought maybe just a global template option or something related to new pages not reset.

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Is it just me or is there no member list? Looks good, BTW!!

·
Administrator
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will make sure the problem is fixed globally tomorrow. Thanks.

Nadeem

Just so we have a record of it. In IE text in most posts appears default center aligned instead of left aligned. Not every thread is affected. The Q&A thread has been fixed, although this thread is still centered. Private message content also appears centered.

Actually did not think of it as a bug at first, thought maybe just a global template option or something related to new pages not reset.

·
Resident Pro Painter.
652 Posts
the header has some big gray line splitting it into two (where the google search Button is)

this is both on IE and FF.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is there a reason that the New Posts button no longer allows sorting???? Eg tech only, etc....

Also, please bring back the members list... Don't understand!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cross posted from ls1gto

New URL Redirects are not working for both this site and G8Board. Guessing it had to do with the update on G8 Board today.

Ex: http://ls1gto.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12
redirects to
http://www.ls1gto.comforums/forumdisplay.php?f=12
instead of
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

So can Doric or someone let the name we are not suppose to say or who ever is actually in charge now know. I am using the new url, but others might think the site is down if they don't notice the missing slash or try the plain domain name. Could also cause problems with a lot of internal links, embedded pictures, and search engine results.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Lots of gifs for buttons are not showing up.

·
Administrator
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is there a reason that the New Posts button no longer allows sorting???? Eg tech only, etc....

Also, please bring back the members list... Don't understand!!
I have asked that we extend the features on the new posts to be like it was before. We will make the change sometime today. Unfortunately, having the members list available poses a few risks including: Bots scraping usernames for spam purposes, and giving hackers who want to hack individual accounts the fuel to do it easily. Also, the members list shows user IDs in plain text which could lead to injection attacks. Rest assured, the decision was well thought out and it is for the benefit of the community. Thanks.

Nadeem

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Can you give me some example please? A screenshot? I must be missing something here.

Nadeem
One example is the gif following member name in quote ViewPost , another is button to go to first unread post in new post list, see attached for both. Maybe it's another unique to IE issue, (no, it's that way in Safari, also)but it's the same issue we mentioned on solsticeforum after that update, the buttons are there, but smaller and for some people more difficult to hit.

Attachments

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Unfortunately, having the members list available poses a few risks including: Bots scraping usernames for spam purposes, and giving hackers who want to hack individual accounts the fuel to do it easily. Also, the members list shows user IDs in plain text which could lead to injection attacks. Rest assured, the decision was well thought out and it is for the benefit of the community. Thanks.

Nadeem
You're talking over my head :err:, so I'll just have to take your word for it.

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
You're talking over my head :err:, so I'll just have to take your word for it.
Identity theft, theft of services, email spam using data mined from a member list; any or all of the above. I think that's the primary issue. We may have to wait for a more secure form of member list from the software provider before we see teh member list again.

It's not just regular members searching for a member based on a partial name; or a member wishing to change screenname yet beng unable to see if desired name is already in use: it affects the staff as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.