Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so My "engine build" will be happening in a couple weeks and I just want to see if theres anything Im missing that I should do (not real expensive additions) but if theres any things that would be worth doing at the same time let me know.

G8 GXP 6.2l LS3
6 speed Automatic

Currently on the car:
- Vararam OTR intake with HSRK
- Solo catback exhaust with High flow cats (HFCs coming off)

Parts I have that will need to be installed:
- Kooks (1 7/8) Long tube headers
- FAST 102 intake manifold
- Nick Williams 102 throttle body
- FAST 102 billet fuel rails

Parts needed:
- Cam (semi-aggressive yet daily drivable on stock stall converter) Ive been recommended the GT1-1
- Cam needed upgrades (Pushrods, springs etc)
- Balancer bolt
- SLP underdrive pulley
- timing chain

And then I need a Dyno tune.
Tuning for:
- 93 octane
- catless cel delete
- manual mode to upshift automatically (not downshift) for Roll racing (best performance)
- Best drivability in Drive (will sacrifice some perfomance for drivability)
- Sport mode will be used for the dragstrip so (absolute best performance without risk of damage)

·
OlderByTheMinute
673 Posts
Ok so My "engine build" will be happening in a couple weeks and I just want to see if theres anything Im missing that I should do (not real expensive additions) but if theres any things that would be worth doing at the same time let me know.

G8 GXP 6.2l LS3
6 speed Automatic

Currently on the car:
- Vararam OTR intake with HSRK
- Solo catback exhaust with High flow cats (HFCs coming off)

Parts I have that will need to be installed:
- Kooks (1 7/8) Long tube headers
- FAST 102 intake manifold
- Nick Williams 102 throttle body
- FAST 102 billet fuel rails

Parts needed:
- Cam (semi-aggressive yet daily drivable on stock stall converter) Ive been recommended the GT1-1
- Cam needed upgrades (Pushrods, springs etc)
- Balancer bolt
- SLP underdrive pulley
- timing chain

And then I need a Dyno tune.
Tuning for:
- 93 octane
- catless cel delete
- manual mode to upshift automatically (not downshift) for Roll racing (best performance)
- Best drivability in Drive (will sacrifice some perfomance for drivability)
- Sport mode will be used for the dragstrip so (absolute best performance without risk of damage)

Sounds like a good start,not sure about the cam (maybe another
member will chime in) Best luck and have fun! BR.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
You better get some dual valve springs. Get the LS2 timing chain dampener, and the Katech C5R chain. Do a 3-bolt cam instead of a single bolt, and get the LS7 sprocket.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
You better get some dual valve springs. Get the LS2 timing chain dampener, and the Katech C5R chain. Do a 3-bolt cam instead of a single bolt, and get the LS7 sprocket.
This. I don't know that the gt1-1 cam is optimal on these cars... Seems like your gonna suffer down low if I recall its specs correctly, if that's the case I'd be Leary... The big heavy car needs some grunt!

EDIT*
229/242 duration and .631 lift on both int. and ex. sides with a 114.5 intake

Looking at graphs not bad. A lot of lift and duration though. Should make for a wicked idle, decent manners, and she'll beg for nitrous. Lol

I did only see these on cathedral port cars... Wonder if that lift will hurt velocity in the big ports on those heads.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Ive decided not to go with the FAST 102 stuff, as for the cam Im looking for something somewhat aggressive but Very street drivable because it is a DD.

Any links for nos kits? lol just out of curiosity

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Well Ive decided not to go with the FAST 102 stuff, as for the cam Im looking for something somewhat aggressive but Very street drivable because it is a DD.

Any links for nos kits? lol just out of curiosity
Nos is a brand... Nitrous is what you're referring to. (That drives me nuts... Worse than your and you're)

I'll pm you who I recommend. Not a sponsor but I'm pretty sure same people who hooked up Daniel Linnet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.