Pontiac G8 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
hasa Member
114 Posts
There is a new LED bulb on the market from V-LED's called V3 Triton.
The Triton looks like it would work in the rear but wouldn't in the front for the same reason that the LED Decoder wouldn't work in the front. See TurboMike's post above.

·
Registered
640 Posts
anyone use the Triton LEDs on rear yet? I definitely need something brighter than stock but $99 seems a bit steep...lifetime warranty is nice though hmmmm.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Update on the sunroof lights. Its 3 194 bulbs-> 2 side spotlights and 1 bulb in the middle that looks like four from inside the car when its on. All 194. Just changed the center one to a red 194. That's what lights when a door opens.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the Spyder LED Audi type headlights. I am looking for the proper swap for my front turn signals which are P21's. Does anyone know the LED 360 bulb I would need for that? Notice the off center tabs.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I kno this is an old thread but any pictures on resister placement? Going to do this next weekend

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sleeper, what bulbs and colors did you do? Mine are done except for turn signals. I have the Spyder LED lights and thought those bulbs were 1157, but they were this P21w (7507) bulb. Just have to do resistors myself and were done.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ya I have done the V3 Triton upgrade in my car. I have the the V3 switchbacks, rear turn signals, and reverse lights

·
Registered
377 Posts
It was a really easy install if you actually take the headlight assembly out. All I did was took the biggest spacer, put it on the bulb and then in the head light assemble

Then i used outdoor silicone to keep it waterproof

To connect it to the headlight, i just vampire clipped with electric grease to the stock wiring.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I Tried to PM 5litrarag.. anyone know if he is still around??

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Has anyone installed the V3 Triton Switchbacks into the front turn signals? When I emailed the company, they said these will not fit our car.....is that true?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Has anyone installed the V3 Triton Switchbacks into the front turn signals? When I emailed the company, they said these will not fit our car.....is that true?
I have installed them in my car, but the company is correct they are not a direct fit.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You guys are crazy for paying for SuperBrightLEDs ridiculous prices! There are brighter, and far cheaper bulbs on ebay.

I got a 10m roll of RGB5050 SMD LED lights with 300 LEDs, 3M sticky back, with an IR remote and INFINITE color options on my remote for $20. SuperBrightLEDs wanted $130 for the EXACT same freaking thing. All their products are of similar pricing structure.

·
Have Bar Will Travel
716 Posts
guys that replaced the brake/tail lights

I've bought 2 different 7443 tower bulbs, both with different numbers of LED's but due to placement and the houseing I thought I should get something with lights around the tower and then a set on the end.

neither bulb I've bought - both from amazon - will actually fit in the whole. they are all about an 1/8 inch too big in O.D to fit into the socket. the lights work well, plug fits etc - but trying to get into the socket is a complete no go.

I'm not modding the light fixture - when any incandescent 7443 fits perfectly fine. (PS yes I did try to grind on one of them to make it work - took way too much and damaged the LED lamp to where it had no structural integrity)

anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
37 Posts
CAN Bus Back-up Lights?

On a non-sponsor's web site, they list several alternative 1156's for replacement backup lights. One of them is a CAN Bus LED bulb. They say,...

...bulbs are specifically designed with supervision circuit to allow them to be used with CAN(Controller Area Network) Bus equipped vehicles without triggering the OBC (on-board computer)...
Does this benefit our cars? I was not aware that we had a warning system on our lights.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm looking to replace my license plate lights, as well as my rear brake lights.

These 7443 lights from VLED look nice but are pricey at $50.00 vs. $5-10 on ebay/amazon
http://www.vleds.com/7443-21-red.html

Is there a better option out there? what are the risks of causing damage to your electrical system with certain aftermarket lights?

And if I put LED lights on my license plate - does that mean I have to replace all 194 lights in the car as well?

Thanks!

EDIT: I ended up just getting normal 7443's and 194's for only $10 vs. $50-70 for the vleds. Apparently red brake lights - as listed in the first post - aren't DOT approved in Canada. Both lights were made by sylvania..the 194's aren't as bright as the original lights, more yellow too. The store was recommending something like a 285 (which is probably wrong). Oh well.
There was also a house fire in town today which was caused by a highly modified pickup truck. Pics on tv showed that the back of the truck on fire. So I went with the normal lights partially to avoid something like that as well...and my v6 g8 only has michelin pilot sport a/s3's and a normal k&n air filter...which is good enough

101 - 120 of 133 Posts