Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up y’all? I haven’t been getting luck on Facebook groups, so this is the next best place. I have a 2008 g8 gt, only mods are long tubes, intake, exhaust, and tune. So I’m having a hard time finding the answer. But when I’m using my hp tuner, in the brake torque setting there a sections saying “disable by tcs”. It comes factory set to enable, do I want to keep that at enable or change to disable?

Also, I’m having a very hard time getting my car to do burnouts. I now have 275/40r20 on Camaro wheels and I cannot get those loose. On the other hand, the stock 245/45r18 I can get loose but not for very long. AFTER getting the tune and turning all the torque management down.

Any ideas what could be going on? I am pushing the traction control button and shutting it off, I’ve tried in manual mode holding 1st gear, I’ve tried in sport and in regular drive. I cannot get a brake stand burnout to happen longer than like 2 tire rotations.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Much easier with hardware. Linelock
Nothing is free, when Linelock is activated, ABS goes offline until next key off cycle.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I have a hard time burning out with my cammed LS3 on a stock stall. Even standing on the brake, I can't rev it more than a 1,000 rpm before it starts moving out. If I hammer it, it will spin my 275-30-20s but nothing like a smoke show. haha

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have read elsewhere:
Go to engine/torque managment/general
Look for the brake torque limit table
Max out all the values in this table (6042).

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
Help him kill his transmission?
Said the guy formerly running a twin turbo, meth kit, etc. on a stock 6L80. "I told him he's going to need to put a transmission in sooner than later". -Alec

• Haha
Reactions: yutzybrian

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Said the guy formerly running a twin turbo, meth kit, etc. on a stock 6L80. "I told him he's going to need to put a transmission in sooner than later". -Alec
Exactly. That transmission lasted 6 years at over 700 whp. It was the last round of mods that finally did it in, at over 900 whp, and even then it just started to slip under full boost. No hard parts broken. That transmission owed me nothing. Watch this guy blow his up with less than 300 whp...

·
Registered
202 Posts
When the brake is depressed it has max torque values that it will allow, especially if the tune has been butchered previously.

I was only advising to raise the values in that table to 6042. This when the brake is pushed, its like normal. AKA any torque management tables in the tune still function, just not the brake one.

I love stock 6L80s. they seem to last a LONG time if treated and tuned right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts