Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
That looks freakin awesome. Plastidip is always a good choice if you have the patience for a good job.

·
boosted
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks pretty dang good. How long did it take and how many coats?
Took me about a whole day to prep and dip. I started off with about 6 coats of black as a base, followed by 3 coats of the copper pearl

That looks really good. Inside the door and under hood still factory color or did you dip that too?
Yeah, everything underneath is still factory silver. When I decide to peel it all i have is the exterior to do.

DAMMNNNNNNN, how much did it cost for all the dip? Tempted to do my G8 in dip.
I bought the kit from DYC that came with all the gallons i needed, along with the sprayer and prep materials. It was about $500

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks amazing. Really thinking about doing this. Only thing stopping me is a guy here dipped his car and when he removed it he couldnt get it out of the jambs and cracks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Great job looks AWESOME,Love the color choice :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks amazing. Really thinking about doing this. Only thing stopping me is a guy here dipped his car and when he removed it he couldnt get it out of the jambs and cracks.
Only thing stopping me from doing it is using $500 on dip and then having it turn out like sht :D

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
Only thing stopping me from doing it is using $500 on dip and then having it turn out like sht :D
Better than doing it with paint >:)

Need some pics in bright sunlight!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Good job. Looks good

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
interesting color , looks pretty good

·
boosted
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a picture out in the sun

then another in the garage under florescent lighting

the copper color is a pearlescent top coat. it will shift dark or light depending on the light source

·
Registered
466 Posts
Damn, that looks great! Really seems to bring out the car's lines, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was skeptical, but it really looks fantastic, bringing out the car's natural form.
I'd love to see it in person - you should drive down to Auburn for Cars and Coffee the first Saturday of the month or down to Ft. Wayne to Sweetcar's breakfast.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That looks awesome! Great job! Always love seeing our cars sporting new colors!

·
Registered
197 Posts
What's color is on the roof ? Dip or Paint

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
19 Participants
victoryredzq8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing