Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
boosted
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks guys.. I think my next project will be a high gloss autoflex coating, peelable like plasti dip, but gloss like OEM finish! Just have to decide on a color, I'm thinking something red/orange

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did you do this at home in your garage ? If so, were there any blemishes to deal with. How was the garage afterwards; lots of dust ? I've sprayed a few cars before but never dipped one and I plan to do just that. The little sprayer is most intriguing.

Outstanding job for sure. Good choices all around.

·
boosted
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Did you do this at home in your garage ? If so, were there any blemishes to deal with. How was the garage afterwards; lots of dust ? I've sprayed a few cars before but never dipped one and I plan to do just that. The little sprayer is most intriguing.

Outstanding job for sure. Good choices all around.

Thanks!
Yeah I did it in my garage, the overspray isn't that bad, not anything like base coat/clear coat, but I put some plastic down on the floor for easier cleanup. It dries pretty quickly in low humidity so the only thing you really have to watch out for is dragging the hose across it or leaning against it. Other than that dust isn't a big issue.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
19 Participants
victoryredzq8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing