Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what a decent price would be for a 2009 G8 GT with 11k from a dealership. It is listed for $28,990. How far do you think I could talk them down?

·
Registered
92 Posts
28,900 is a little high.. I'm glad to see that they are still asking a good price for them. Not that we would ever see that price on a trade. When I totaled my last G8 they gave me 28,000 and some change. So of'course I got another and it was an upgrade. But before I bought it I checked around and had a hard time getting dealers to deal even with me giving them cash. Luckly, I was able to deal with my old dealer and they hooked me up. I hope that you can get them down a bit, if you are really looking..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still looking. I am talking to the dealer now, but since I am in VA and they are in MO and I wont be there for a few weeks the process is very slow on trade in value plus deal I am going to offer them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wow, glad to see values holding, that's more than I paid new by $800. Is it certified? Sport and Premium Packages?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Certified and Premium Package as advertised. I wont be able to actually check it out for a week or so, but I am very interested in it. They will give me 22.5k for my V6 and they might bring it down to 27kish. I'll have to see when I go up there.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Certified and Premium Package as advertised. I wont be able to actually check it out for a week or so, but I am very interested in it. They will give me 22.5k for my V6 and they might bring it down to 27kish. I'll have to see when I go up there.
Are you by chance looking at the white hot at Jim butler?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did you know?

·
Knemo-schwine-aie-he-how
735 Posts
If it's a mint condition fully loaded 2009 G8 GT in a rare color @ 11,000 highway miles, I suppose you could get away with 29k.

But if it's a premium non sport no sunroof in black? For 11,000 miles? You should be around 24,000-25,000.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Hope you get them to come down a little. Good luck with the possible buy.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
How did you know?
I saw it advertised and it sounded like the one you were describing in MO. That's actually where I bought mine from too. Who did you talk to at Butler? I have a buddy that sells cars there and he might be able to hook you up with a little better deal.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw it advertised and it sounded like the one you were describing in MO. That's actually where I bought mine from too. Who did you talk to at Butler? I have a buddy that sells cars there and he might be able to hook you up with a little better deal.

Well I've talked to Kelly Schneider so far. She is the "Internet Sales Manager" or some title like that. Since I found it online and asked for info she is the one who contacted me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am moving there and I will be heading over to the dealership the day I arrive to MO.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
When you go ask for Tim and see if he can knock a little more off for you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Who should I tell him sent me?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
18 Participants
MasterG8er
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing