Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Buying G8 Looking for local info/members VA beach/Chesapeake

2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  kermit33 
#1 ·
Looking for a G8 and if someone doesn't mind a few minutes of their time showing me around this car. I have had bad luck recently but this idea of a G8 has resurfaced :) If anyone knows of a car for sale lmk, I am looking around, viewed one @ CarMax and have another one coming in from another location that is hopefully better. Thanks-can't wait to meet people and mod this thing!
Prior vehicles am proud of were:
'94 Impala SS(cammed/modded)
'96 Impala SS(383/trans/suspension built)
'06 TBSS (mild bolt ons)

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your find.

Did you try the for sale section here to see if there is any other g8s close by to you?

#3 ·
Welcome, I would second checking the for sale section. buying a car from another member on here would prove better than going to some random dealer. The guys on here are stand up for sure. I'm from Richmond, VA. So not quite Chesapeake but not far there are some other stand up guys from that area, hopefully they will chime in.

#4 ·
Thanks guys-I have browsed the FS section here even before other sites unfortunately 1 is 4hrs away. As most of those cars I listed that have a place in my heart, I had to travel for the "right" car. Those were luckily 1 owners! We are likely going in Friday to do the dealer buyback on this car I currently have. After no car it will be a hassle for a week w/o one, due to work constraints I can't travel until next month, and I don't want to pull the trigger on something on Ebay sight unseen having the car shipped which worries my wife and I since the last 2 cars I have had since the TBSS in 18mos gave us headaches so we said-BACK TO SOME GM MUSCLE!!

#5 ·
I am in the area I don't know how much help I could be, still pretty new to these cars as well. But if I can help I will.

#6 ·
Where are you? I have GOT to hear the Solo axleback you have! I am looking into some preliminary mods. Found car in FL, signed papers, now it's wrapping up waiting for the transport from there to here asap! Liquid Red w/ everything 1 owner and low miles w/ service history from dealership originally purchased from has listed this car.

#7 ·
I'm in va beach. I can show you what I have no problem. not much but better than stock

#10 ·
no problems we can maybe meet up someday on weekend or something. This one is no good I gotta go outta town sat and will be pretty tied up Sunday as well, maybe next weekend? There is a place off Independence blvd. where lots of cars go meet up on fri night etc. maybe that's a option?

#11 ·
I don't have the Solo axle back system on mine I have cat-back system so it maybe a bit different than just axle-back? Plus I pulled the plugs from the j-pipes so mine is as loud as possible right now, but it sure does drone, but i don't care about that.

#12 ·
awesome about finding the deal by the way. I'm sure you cant wait till it comes in

#13 ·
Cooper I work just over the border of Moyock live in Great Bridge.What do you have?

#14 ·
DRu. I will tell you do not i say again DO NOT by from any E-1 and up car dealerships... i would like to say by from a member on this page. get a friend or someone to drive you up and meet. 4hrs is a cake drive. I drove to washington for my GXP. there is a GXP for 29k around somewhere i dont kno the link ill search for it. 70k miles. lowered. rims. tint. found it as i was typing.

http://www.warrentonselect.com/deta...asterisk_sunroof_asterisk_-used-11254778.html

#15 ·
Sorry gloss stock rims. sharkfin. smoked turning lights. mods where more Show not Go fast.

#16 ·
There was or maybe still is a gxp for 24900 at a dealer in my area with 70k on the odometer. that was a few weeks ago I saw that

#17 ·
I will say if you decide to go to the track, probably next year, send it out there hopefully the guys that missed out due to low temps will go next year, good to get a base down so mods make you feel better haha. Did the car come yet? I thought I read that you bought one from flat?

#18 ·
Thanks on the advice-many of the dealers/dealerships prey on military especially young members and that is shameful what they do. Looked at the FS here on the forum but I cannot travel extensively as I have on the past for a car which is too many times. I got this car in FL, 1 owner related to owner of dealership(w/ records), @50kmi, and was not impressed at the two at CarMax locally. Car should be going out today and I will be getting an update. Everything was complete and final w/ paperwork Friday and I got rid of my other car also :)

#19 ·
Dru -congrates on the purchase, I'm sure you'll love it. I have an 08 IOM GT, with a vararam intake, Solo cat back Mach un balanced, BMR bushings, BMR sway bars, FE3 shocks/struts, Eibach Springs, VMR VB3 wheels. Love this set up this car handles better than my MINI Cooper now, and that thing is a big Go-Kart.

#20 ·
Cooper I will have to check your out. First mods are axle back and intake for me othe than probly speaker upgrade from what I am hearing or my expectations are they might sound subpar from my history of cars.

#21 ·
yep congrats on it finally getting sent your way. I will try to catch up with you sometime soon to have a listen to the Solo system I got. Keep me informed when you wanna try and meet. I usually have some time in the afternoon after work.

#23 ·
Just got it today!! Came off the carrier with a damn empty tank practically and low tire :( This entire week I will be cleaning out the inside and doing a paint correction. There are some blemishes and dings but this is a USED car as I told myself. Great condition for a 1 owner and I will get a pic on later. Out to start scrubbing!

#25 ·
Dru,
Congrats on getting your G8. Check out the local GTO/G8 club for starters if you want to see more of us. :)
Google our local zip code along with GTO to find the site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.