1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Z/28 it will be rarer than a base C7

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Rarity will go to z/28 for sure

But less say the base c7, in this scenario, comes with z51 package and magnetic ride control. They should be close right? 500lbs weight difference?

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
On looks alone...I'd choose the C7. I think it'd beat up on the Z too.

But, the Z28 is nice.

Here's some info on it:
While the Z28 falls short of the ZL1 Camaro when it comes to horsepower, it actually outperforms the ZL1 on the race track thanks to a 300 pound weight reduction, increased traction, and better braking ability.
Engine Specs:
• 7.0 liter (427 cu. In.) small block LS7 V8 (pumping out at least 500 Horsepower)
• Titanium intake valves and rods
• High-lift cam
• Hydro-formed exhaust headers
• 11:1 compression ratio
• Forged crankshafts
• 10.5-quart, dry sump lube system

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think the stingray will have slightly better times. It seems as if the stingray has a lot of then goodies the z28 has but is more aerodynamic and lighter weight. The z28 will still have the power advantage so I guess we have to see what the new LT1 is all about.

Personally I'd take the stingray. I like the look and despite the z28 being bad ass...camaros are every where.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Both cases, C7, no doubt. Weight kills.

·
Fuel Low
506 Posts
I think the Vette will beat it, but just slightly. I would take the Stingray over the Z/28, but I like the Z a lot; I would only buy it over the Stingray if it was about 45k. I will have my Vette built the way I want for 59k w/Comp seats, mag suspension, and Z51 package.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
C7...just because I've already decided a ZL1 Convertible is the only Camaro I could live with. I hate the visibility in the non-convertible models. But I love the LS7. Z06 is still on the list for maybe someday.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The C7 takes it in every catagory at the track.

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
It will probably be a very close race between those two no matter what. As far as which one to pick I'd have to go with the C7 hands down. The Z28 being stripped down the way it is really requires a specific buyer. No AC is no bueno.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
It will probably be a very close race between those two no matter what. As far as which one to pick I'd have to go with the C7 hands down. The Z28 being stripped down the way it is really requires a specific buyer. No AC is no bueno.
That's an option. You can get it w/AC.

·
Registered
209 Posts
All i know is I'll get to drive one of the first fast C7's that'll save me a whole lot of money lol

my friend already ordered his (for the business) and he builds some wicked vehicles... he's had three or ZL1's in the shop this week alone and most were getting 6xx hp+ to the tires.. CTS-v's the same way.

I think road course is gonna be damn close, but straight line i think the vette will wipe the floor (stock v stock) with the z/28

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of either at this moment, but I would think it would be close. If I had to choose one it would be the C7 because it looks a little better, both of them are extremely disappointing in looks department, but awesome in the performance categories (well on paper they are can't wait to see actual testing)

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
That's an option. You can get it w/AC.
Yeah after I posted that I though it might be. I knew it had no radio and no AC on the base model and I knew you could get at least one of those things as an option. Is a radio an option?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Corvette around 3000 lb. 450 hp. its a car that can only get better every yr. forward .
Z/28 is the third round of this car which still starts out with v6 .Point being one is built for everyone ,one is for running 911's

·
Fuel Low
506 Posts
Yeah after I posted that I though it might be. I knew it had no radio and no AC on the base model and I knew you could get at least one of those things as an option. Is a radio an option?
Radio only gets 1 speaker, just for the door chime. That could be easily fixed.

Corvette around 3000 lb. 450 hp. its a car that can only get better every yr. forward .
Z/28 is the third round of this car which still starts out with v6 .Point being one is built for everyone ,one is for running 911's
The Vette weighs 3298, which is more than the base C6 but less than the Grand Sport by about 50lbs. Most of the weight went to beefier half shafts, brakes, seats, direct injection and infotainment so it's good weight.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts