Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody taken off their pup cats and had any problems getting their smog in Cali, i know there's no 02 sensors there but wondering if the vin would tell the inspector it should have two extra cats and fail me if i remove them.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I don't know if the 2 cats per side VIN cars, are required to have even lower emission standards than the 1 cat per side cars. But *if not*, I doubt very much that *any* person running the check, would take the time and effort to view under the car to verify that all 4 are there, prior to starting the check . I haven't reached that point yet where a smog check is required.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i had my tbss first registered here, it had exhuast and the shop lifted the truck up to visually inspect the cats, figure they would do the same on the G8. also gotta find a shop that will cut them out, the place that did my x-pipe wouldn't touch them.

·
PROCHARGED!
1,879 Posts
Without headers, the gains would probably be not worth the headache.

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
I agree with Wicked Mom. If you are not doing headers I bet you won't have any gain from deleting them. The first two cats are your major restriction. The pups might barely just alter the sound.

Where are you at in Nor Cal?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with Wicked Mom. If you are not doing headers I bet you won't have any gain from deleting them. The first two cats are your major restriction. The pups might barely just alter the sound.

Where are you at in Nor Cal?
Travis afb. probably wait to see where i'm going to be transferring to in 2yrs before I put on the longtubes, might head overseas so the g8 might go in storage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.