Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

This weekend, I was bored and looked into replacing or at least checking the condition of the cabin air filter. Without being aware of the forum post that addressed removal/installation, I ended up doing what the thread said. https://redtube.onl/ https://beeg.onl/ https://spanktube.vip/spankbang/

The problem I had was where the post said to lift the cover and remove the filter, there wasn't nearly enough clearance to remove the filter and the cover gave the impression that lifting it enough to get adequate clearance might break it. The cover seemed like a real POS to remove w/o breaking.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I just replaced mine last night. There are 2 things I'm going to say here. First>>> I installed the *Cleenaire* CAF182 with activated Carbon. This filter (as talked about in previous threads) is indeed about 3/16 taller than the OEM version. The good is that the pleats are designed in the horizontal direction, which allows the filter to easily be compressed vertically to fit snugly into its designed position. Second>>> After removing the 6 push/pull fasteners you can lift that panel section up enough (after working it around the passenger side hood support gas rod) to be able to install the filter. It would be better if you can get another pair of hands to hold that panel as high as possible while you remove an insert the filter. Its not a drop in the bucket. You'll have to work with the filter a little to end up getting it fully inserted correctly. Your eyes can tell you when its in the position required.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I've done it by myself and with help.
In both cases you will need bandages and a tetanus shot when done.
GOPHERIT is correct remove push pins and bend it up.
It will take a lot of abuse.
When you get the filter in you have to reach in the opening and seat it in its proper position....this is where the blood letting begins depending on the size of your arms and hands.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
I’ve never had an issue changing mine. Just have to play with the filter a bit to get it to seat correctly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I CHANGE MINE EVERY 6 MONTHS NOT DIFFICULT TO DUE TAKE YOUR TIME AND A LITTLE FINESSE;I ALSO USE THE *Cleenaire* CAF182 with activated Carbon

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
I've done it once, it sucked. I figured there has to be a better way, but I've never seen a GOOD write-up on it. Stupid design.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Once you get the edge past the end of the hood shock, You have plenty of room, get a vacuum hose in to suck up any leaves and crap. If you live in an area that has Mice. I suggest you take a dollar store, stainless steel pot scrubber and stuff it in the big drain opening. Camaros have the same opening and one got in our Camaro . Chewed the filter and got caught in the blower fan. The scrubber still lets the water out but won't let the little buggers in.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts