Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8, 8, 8 is great
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maryland Speed has a spring combo sale for a Vararam and Magnaflow Axle-backs. I got a sweet deal for my G8 GT less than a month ago. The deals just keep coming.

CAI: Ive gone through enough threads debating Roto/VR to knit a blanket. Conclusion is that there isn't a clear favorite in this race. I'd be happy with either.

Exhaust: I hate sounding like my mothers sorento. However, since this is my DD and I do a fair amount of highway driving (60mi/wk), drone is not welcome.

Bottom line: For $715 shipped is this a deal too good to pass up?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just bought a Roto-Fab intake and a Solo axleback kit from JuicedMotorsports for $725 and I couldn't be happier. I orginally asked him for a deal on a Magnaflow axleback and a Volant intake and he talked me into the Solo and the Roto. They both fit perfect, look great and it was a nice boost in performance. Now I'm looking for headers. Thinking ARH would be nice bolted up to my Solo axleback. That was the biggest surprise was how good the Solo sounds. To me, it has the perfect muscle car sound but no drone.

·
8, 8, 8 is great
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn Jason. Why did you have to go and make this decision tougher?

Did you get a tune with the roto? I haven't factored that cost into the mod bank yet. Its full of CAI, exhaust, and winter tires+wheels. And frankly, i just dont know enough yet to tune myself and theres a lack of tuners in Indy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I tuned my G8 myself. I have a EFI live system. But before you blow your money on Magnaflow I'd look into Solo. They rock, I can't say enough good things about them. If you need a tuner though I'd go Diablo right? Isn't that what most people buy up?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Read some of the posts in the exhaust section and you will buy a Solo set up. The sound, price, and no drone will win out. I have them and love them.

Do not buy a predator tuner. The best past of the superships tuner is the transmission tune. The predator does not have a tranny tune. Plus you can get a CAI specific tune for only a few dollers extra with the Superchips.

As far as CAI I have the ROTO and love it. Very well built and easy to install. IF you read a little in the Intake forum you will see that the Vararam has some minor issues as far as fit and finish. I have no personal experience on this though.

My set-up is Roto-fab CAI, superchips Roto-tune 91, and Solo axle backs. Am very happy with my set-up!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
colby1035
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing