Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI The CAI tunes are now $2.99 each.

Sorry there was no official update on the fee additions to several of our online options. This was decided on by management because we have alot of time in these programs and believe they are worth the minor cost.

Scott

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I already have a cai tune before this date, if I update my tuner in the future would I have to pay for the cai tune or since it's already in my tuner am I ok?

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, once you have the CAI tune on the Cortex, it will remain there unless you "Remove CAI Tune" though SC's program.

You would only need to purchase the CAI tune if you switch CAI kits.

You update as normal, just plug in, double click on the Superchips Update Icon, and she will automatically update to the latest and greatest.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Thanks I read that on the other thread. No complaint from me.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No complaints here either :)

Less than $1 for each +1 whp gain, where else are you going to get that bang for your buck? (referencing Rotofab)

·
Drives with wolves
893 Posts
I agree, to have eternal free updates is not a good business model. And the price of 2.99 for a CAI tune I see not reason to whine about. This way SC can keep updating and perhaps add header tunes and other goodies.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I paid $425 for a steering wheel and $400 for a leather console lid. I think I could squeeze out $2.99 for an update.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm not balking about the price, but I just saw this after ordering a Cortex from Maryland Speed yesterday. I'd been hemming and hawing about them for months... Guess I should have acted faster.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
If you select a CAI tune you only have to pay the fee once, then after that you get free updates.

·
Registered
129 Posts
CAn someone tell me what i'm doing wrong...when i plug in my SC to my computer and go to the superchips online store section it sais that all of the CAI tune packages have been updated?? however i can't seem to find any of them when its plugged into my car?? I'm looking to install the 91 K&N CAI tune

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
iverson003
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing