Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added MGP caliper covers or other covers to their car. Curious if they hold up or look good. Nice colors other than typical red, too.
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
And here is where I chime in. Bought my car with calpier covers. They clean easy, and don't seem to attract much dust.

Rear

Front

·
Registered
203 Posts
any idea where to get a set of those covers?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Car id sells them

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
ALL OVER eBay. Any color, any logo, anything you want. They even have the fake brake fluid lines. Just do a search on brake caliper cover.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had mine on my rears for about two years and they look as good as they did when I put them on. They will even do a custom engrave on them if you want. They did not have any covers for the Brembos in the front.

2009 G-8 GXP :us_flag: 170 of 1829,Liquid Red, Onyx/Red Interior, Sunroof, A6, Mobil 1, Complete Borla exhaust, Underhood Radiator Cover, Custom Painted Liquid Red Fuel Rail Covers, Rear Caliper Covers, Red/Black Shifter, DJ’s Custom Padded Red/Black Console cover, Front Seats Extra Repadding, Auto Dim Mirror, Shark Fin, Drawtite Hitch, GM Advanced Remote, Mild Pinstriping by "Glen”, LS-3/V8 Emblems, V6 Taillights, Full Size GXP Wheel & Spare Tire, Pace Performance Jack Kit, Pontiac Factory Trunk Mat, Livernois Motorsports Performance Tune & Rotofab CAI, Shift Plate #170, quarter mile [email protected]
2004 C-5 Corvette Convertible, :us_flag:Torch Red ext., Int., w/White top, auto, Borla exhaust, Padded Logo Console Cover, 18,000 miles

·
Registered
163 Posts
I saw these yesterday on eBay and thought they would look good. But my next thought was, what do I say if someone asks me what brake upgrade I have done?
It seems like a nice cheap appearance upgrade for those who are like me with not too much cash flow to do a full brembo swap and have them powder coated, ect.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

·
Registered
163 Posts
They look good. We're those eBay ones the cheaper type? I saw a set for around $30.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
They were I think around $70. One fell off the first day, seller replaced free of charge.....I have had them for about a year.....been thru car wash and everything. ...no issues. ....can't tell u how many people get fooled thinking they are the real deal.....lol.....I just play along

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Pac I got the same ones to put on but carbon fiber, did you have to trim any off to fit?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Pac I got the same ones to put on but carbon fiber, did you have to trim any off to fit?

Yep, the front ones. I think if I remember about an inch. Once you put them on the caliper you will see. Real easy to cut, I used dremel tool but I think a wire cutters or sharp scissors would do it. Just first mark area to be cut with sharpie. I used JB Weld. Then put painters tape from the cover to back of caliper, one top, middle and bottom for front. Put tape on snug. Must not drive at least 12 to 15 hrs. Once you take tape off just lightly tug on them.
Before you put on I cleaned caliper and cover (where JB goes on) with alcohol wipes and let dry for 5 min. Then JB on inside cover thick coat and a small on caliper. Have a plastic knife to smooth JB on cover and caliper. Put on cover and tape. JB will drip so if you put wheel on leave a rag inside of the wheel to catch drip.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'll go ahead and say it: Fake-brembo caliper covers are gayer than a dozen slippery dicks in a My Little Pony bag.

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Ha ha, nice one!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Well that "G" work stopped the conversation. These aren't hondas, go big or stay home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts