Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm replacing my rotors and pads and wanted to replace the caliper pins and bolts as well. Do you guys have the part numbers for the pin and calipers for the GT Front and Rear Calipers??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i dont have the parts, but you dont need to replace these parts. just loctite them on reinstall.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Are they TTY bolts? If so, I'd reuse them once, but I'd replace after 2 uses. Bolts are cheap, and it's always better to be safe than broke down on the side of the road, or even worse.

Greg at Pace Performance can get you everything you need.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i've read varying opinions on the site. Generally what I hear is that people see the front bolts that have a torque spec then 120* after that and usually this applies to TTY bolts. However the rears just give you a torque setting and a few reputable people have stepped in and said there's nothing in the manual about needing new bolts and that people shouldn't assume you need new hardware based on the torque specs.

Myself and many have resued them without an issue, if there was an issue you'd see several long threads about it. However, others are cautious and for just a little money bought new bolts. I'd say as long as you loctite them with the color they had from the factory you should be fine. My pins were blue and caliper mounting bolts were red.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.