Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealership that sold me my SBM A6 GXP called me twice last week and said that they had a customer that REALLY wanted a GXP (left two messages). I never called back. I'm sure I would be insulted by their offer. They want to make at least 1k, so they would surely lowball me. I am curious, but not enough to make me call back.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I've been getting mail and calls for both my Base and GT, like the old song,Hold on to what you got.....

·
2009.1 Liquid Red G8 GT
352 Posts
I got a call too, on Thursday from a dealer I've never even dealt with looking for a G8 GT.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Old trick, they want to sell you another new car. there is no one looking for a G8 @ there dealer ship.
I use to sell cars & have several frinds that are car salesmen.

·
female, no 'bro'
295 Posts
what? I've never heard of dealers doing that. They either help the person look for a car via internet or whatever they have on their lot. I would have called back just out of curiosity sake and then laugh.
Sorry I am just looking around in the active topics area and saw this. I don't have a GXP, some wishes come true though lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
a buddy of mine has a Fiat 500, the dealership called him last week offering to put in into a Abarth for free if he gave up his 500, apparently theres a HUGE interest in used 500s and they dont have any

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
a buddy of mine has a Fiat 500, the dealership called him last week offering to put in into a Abarth for free if he gave up his 500, apparently theres a HUGE interest in used 500s and they dont have any
remember, nothing is free:judge:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have gotten letters recently about mine but not a phone call, I would have called back and said bring me a check for 35k and its yours, but like someone else said they are probably looking to sell u another car.

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
They've been contacting me too.
The most recent is a $21k offer for the G8 and I could drive away in a new Hyundai!
Lucky me, I don't know how I've resisted the offer. ;)

If they buy it for $21k I can only imagine what they will ask on resale.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
When I had my 99 cougar ,the dealer was giving me the high demand for your car line. I also think they're just trying to get you into another car.

·
Registered
444 Posts
After three months of owning the G8 the dealership sent a letter saying it was in high demand and we could get a great deal into a new Chevrolet. When I had the Focus the local Ford Dealership was going berserk on deals since Foci especially used go off car dealership lots fast wanted to pay up 75% of what I paid for mine two years after I had owned it. I would get stuff in the mail every month about it. I think getting calls from a Dealership saying somebody wants your type of car come trade it in is rather rude.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Old trick, they want to sell you another new car. there is no one looking for a G8 @ there dealer ship.
Ding, ding, ding. They could care less about your car. No one is looking for one, they aren't in "high demand", etc. They just want to sell you another car. Our dealership does it all the time.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
But dealers know that g8s are an easy sale. Every time the local dealer gets one in its gone within a week or two. I've seen 3 so far in a year get flipped quick through them. They talked to me once about my car but that's been it.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I think it's a gimmick. OP, you are just going to have to call them back to settle this for us ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tell them to send the customer directly to you, if there actuall is one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I must be an exception. I was mailed a letter from GMC saying that GMC Sierras were in high demand and they wanted to buy mine. At that time gas prices were sky high, so I had nothing to lose. I went in and showed them the letter, they looked at the truck, gave me a price and I took it. I left without having to buy a another vehicle {they didn't even ask about selling a car to me}. I only had to pay $3,000 out of pocket. But then again, I had a $6,xxx difference from a Hyundai Sonata rolled into the Sierra loan. So if I didn't have the Sonata rolled into the Sierra loan, I would've walked away with $3,000 in cash.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No way would I fall for that...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tell them to trade you for a CTS-V or new Vette lol. Since its in such a high demand.

·
every village has one
2,377 Posts
They've been contacting me too.
The most recent is a $21k offer for the G8 and I could drive away in a new Hyundai!
Lucky me, I don't know how I've resisted the offer. ;)

If they buy it for $21k I can only imagine what they will ask on resale.
Sheer will power on your part.
I wonder just how much longer you can hold out...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts