Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always been a fan of all black wheels on red cars. If any of you have pics of your red G8s with the stock wheels painted black, please post them up. Id rather paint these if they look good than spend alot on a decent set.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I have my stock sport wheels plasti dipped black. Don't know if you were only looking for liquid red?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keep forgetting there are two different types of reds on the G8 but yes the liquid red

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not black stockers but the Camaros were made to be on this car! I also have a pic of my stockers plasti-dipped black...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Time to get that thing lowered Jimmy! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
608 Posts
Here's my GXP with dipped wheels. Picture really doesn't do justice. Looks much better in person. Black rims on a red car is the only way to go if you ask me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's my GXP with dipped wheels. Picture really doesn't do justice. Looks much better in person. Black rims on a red car is the only way to go if you ask me.

makes me wish i had gxp wheels to paint black. i have the regular GT wheels. i need to find me a set of those. Or just trade me :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Haven't taken many pictures of mine but I decided to try dipped stock V6 wheels. I've actually received quite a few compliments. A mechanic just asked me a couple days ago if it was a Holden and if it came stock with those wheels. In an ideal world, I would have the black Camaros or Breytons.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you able to paint ur wheels with plasti dip in like 40 degree weather? If you know what Im getting at lol

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I'm thinkin' gunmetal VMR 710s and then plasti-dipping the grills gunmetal too...thoughts/opinions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gunmetal is a sexy color..should look good. But the chrome door moldings should be done as well

·
Registered
329 Posts
006-2.jpg

Here's an old pic and I have a few more in my albums...need to take new ones this spring!

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
I've been contemplating doing this with my stock 18" wheels. Is Plastidip really as easy to take off as it sounds? If so, I might as well try it and see how it looks. For $5 a can, it's too cheap not to.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished! Not really fond of how the texture turned out. part of reason might be because of the 45 degree weather here. I bought the cans from a home improvement store, every can i used leaked rly bad at the nozzle. I will prolly remove the plasti dip and just use actual rim paint. I love the black on red so i have no need to ever take it off. Anyways, on with the pics..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks good. It lasted all winter for me but I've nicked it a couple times so I will probably re-apply. I did notice that when the cans got cold, the nozzle didn't work right. I warmed up the cans and it sprayed more evenly. Did you use the glossifier or just the matte finish?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just the matte finish. dont want it glossy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just a lil cleaning while i had my wheels off to paint.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

·
QWIK
422 Posts
Here a pic of my previous LR GT with the stock 19"s powdercoated gloss black

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts