Pontiac G8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You were talking about doing a flow comparison between your modded intake vs a fast intake was curious if you ever did and if so what the numbers came out to be?...PS been sending alot of people your way hopefully they are getting some stuff from ya!

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
I'm still waiting on back to back comparison... stock vs Rick vs FAST102

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I went from stock to Ricks ported TB and intake. .....dont have numbers. ...but IMO big difference off the line or on the fly...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Ill just leave this here. Ricks AirRam Modified Intake Manifold Vs Stock. Also google "L76 Gains on flow bench" lot of info on the other board...

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66163

The intake has been proven to pick up .1-.2 and 1-2mph in the 1/4 mile (some had more). I think dyno gains have varied from 10-15rwhp increase and 15-20rwtq increase, over stock and some saw these same gains over VMS and other various "ported" intakes

I dont think he has gotten around to flowing Lenny's Fast yet but I believe its coming this fall.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Just wondering what it flows vs fast intake....I know it proven over stock and other various ported intakes including the VMS
Yea understood. Just trying to be helpful to those that may stumble onto this thread in the future, because I know where this thread is going, just wanted to get in and leave my two cents and be gone

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Jcuadra, we really need to get some of ricks parts on your car. A intake,tb, & maf housing would really help that cam/heads breath. Plus you known that you have a few guys willing to help when it comes time for install!

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Still waiting on a FAST to work. Should be sometime this Summer but I will post the results. Both stock and Ported FAST. Here is a project for you....Find a 6.0 G8 running LS3 heads with a FAST and small cam that will mph 120-122 N/A. I've done it with 6 different G8's, from 2.92 gears to 3.45's, stock stall to 3200.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My car is one of the ones rick is talking about and so is troys. Rick is a stand up guy and produces quality work. If its done by rick crawford you can count on it being done right and going fast.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Rick when do you want me to send my fast to you
It could be in the mail next week
Or as planed the 1st of July

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i know ricks stuff is top notch and perform great, I dont doubt the man for a second but When I tell every one here in ohio about him the first question I get is how does his intake compare to Fast just trying to learn and help.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Subd...I wanna go 120-122 N/A:gears:

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
It's a mix and match of all. Dctg8 is stock bottom end procharger, Doug's was on the stock bottom end with the Maggie for approximately 40,000miles and many track days on the road course and finally bent a rod at near 100k, Dod still enable. Now forged rotating assembly and has been running strong ever since. Several nitrous cars on stock bottom ends in there as well.

We got it figured out down here in North Carolina! Thanks to the G8 whisperer LOL

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.