Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to the track tonite ,and since its going to be in the 50s . Would it hurt to put a couple of gallons in of Cam2 with about 8 gallons at 93 octaine?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Cam in a can? wha? Never heard of it.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No there's a gas station that has it 7.29.a gallon at the pump.110 octaine..

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WTF??? Kng,you really confuse me sometimes lol,unless you know things i dont......
Dont worry i didn't,was just a wild idea. Thats how things get found out,always been one to push the enveolope......Asked my mechanic and said that we probely have octane senceors and ECM would try to compincate for the octaine.Not good.....SLO thats not bad for 110 octaine racing gas....

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Why bother if you dont have a tune for it. If you have HPtuners and can up teh timing then sure, if not dont bother. If you dont have a tune for race fuel then it can actually slow you down. Remember octane is resistance to detonation!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a mmmmmmm wonder moment. I figured it would cause lots of problems. Besides I have been knowen to launch model rockets into a 30 mph wind in February and 5 degrees. Blowing snow to see if I could do it...........

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
217 Posts
"Cam 2" is the generic name used for Sunoco Race Fuels. You can expect the same consistent high quality performance from Cam 2 Racing Gasoline that you get from Sunoco Race Fuels because the names are interchangeable. It is the same product, made in the same facility by the same people. We use this name wherever the "Sunoco" brand name cannot be used, such as gasoline outlets which carry a competing brand of street gasoline. Cam 2 is available in 110, 112, and 116 octane leaded, and 100 and 104 unleaded.

Higher octane will not help without a tune specifically for it. We use it in our race cars. Tossed some in the pit quad and caused a rebuild in that motor...ran a little hot it seems

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've used all three kinds but does run much better on 93.
I too have found 93 to be the best without question My First preference is Shell followed by Speedway (Not sure what gas they use but have good luck with it) I notice that my car does not run as well on High grade Sunoco or Marathon. BP would probably be my 3rd choice.

Also it seems like it takes 2-3 full tanks of gas to run right when you make the switch from 87 or 89 to 93. its probably the timing adjusting. go back to 87 for one tank and got to start all over. Just go to 93 and dont go back!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts