Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I'm new to this site I just pick my self up at 09 g8 GT. I have a cam that I'm pulling out of my other car that has LQ9 6.0l I'm just wondering if any of you guys know if this cam will work in the L76 motor cam specs are

intake exhaust
.620 .586
Duration @.050 235 238

lobe separation 113.0

I'm scared for piston to valve clearance and driveability because this will be a daily driver

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
hi I'm new to this site I just pick my self up at 09 g8 GT. I have a cam that I'm pulling out of my other car that has LQ9 6.0l I'm just wondering if any of you guys know if this cam will work in the L76 motor cam specs are

intake exhaust
.620 .586
Duration @.050 235 238

lobe separation 113.0

I'm scared for piston to valve clearance and driveability because this will be a daily driver
Intake duration looks to be a wild for a daily drive and would require a huge stall and gears and preferably more cubes and compression. Cannot believe someone was using that in an LQ9 6.0 maybe a 6.6 or more but not a 6.0. Also looks to be a nitrous cam because of intake duration. You may also have valve clearance problems but not an expert. Biggest I would go in a daily would be 223/232.

·
Registered
138 Posts

intake exhaust
.620 .586
Duration @.050 235 238

lobe separation 113.0

As with what dousail2 said, that size of a cam with be a PITA with a dd. I recently got a 225/230 .629 .615 112 Texas Speed cam installed. It pushes on the brakes at idle with a stock stall.

Here is a startup and idle clip:
G8 Startup and Idle

For now I really like it, but I bet in a few months if not weeks I will need to get the tune played with a bit more to make things a bit more tame. From personal experience, if you do drive your car daily in stop and go traffic or even with at least more than a dozen stop lights, I would definitely suggest going with a smaller cam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts