Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local guy is selling Camaro rims... 2-20x8.5 & 2-20x10 35mm front 40mm rear for $600 (No tires). Been very weary of buying used stuff, but at the same time they could be of great value. I'm worried that these rims could be warped or even cracked.
What you guys think?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Since he's local, I'd go check them out. Since they don't have tires on them, it should be pretty easy to tell if they've been damaged. If they've been painted or powerder coated, I'd inspect them pretty thoroughly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you sure the rear wheels are 20x10 stock they are 20x9? If the seller widened the rears wheels $600 is not a bad price. Just inspect wheels thoroughly its def easier with tires off

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Seems a little high unless they're mint. The rear offset is pretty low with a 10 inch wheel. What sized tire do you plan to run?

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my polished SS rims from a guy in Chicago in June for $600 and they were mint. Came with lug nuts too.

$600 is about as cheap as I found them locally.

I saw new ones and theyre typically 800-900 for he set.

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$500 out the door.FRICKIN AWESOME DEAL!! She put the wrong info on the thread. There were 20x8 and 20x9...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
$500 out the door.FRICKIN AWESOME DEAL!! She put the wrong info on the thread. There were 20x8 and 20x9...
That's more like it. Should be a nice setup.

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's more like it. Should be a nice setup.
were not out of the woods yet.. still gotta inspect them and get the green light from the wife...lol So far whe liked them..

·
Registered
485 Posts
I got a full staggered set off of ebay...oem pulloffs for 299.00 a 1hr listing

sent from my gangsta ass S3

·
Registered
845 Posts
I was entertaining the idea of buying those very same rims. I think the seller will let them go for 500$ and they look great. Just not a fan of the weight that come along with camaro rims and finding some one who can roll fenders with out the paint chipping away in a few months is extremely hard to come by.

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should be picking up the rims next week. Hopefully I can unload my stock rims on someone, if not I guess I got spares.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Are you planning on lowering still? I saw your post about coilovers on chc

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you planning on lowering still? I saw your post about coilovers on chc
Yeah. probably during winter, ill get the fenders rolled for sure. If the paint chips, ill get them fixed.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yeah. probably during winter, ill get the fenders rolled for sure. If the paint chips, ill get them fixed.
I was told that Mikey with the YJ gto does good work grinding fenders. May be some thing to consider

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah. I'll deaf consider that when the time comes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
RupertPupkin
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing