Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys used the rear camaro brakes I have my chance to get the entire rear section off a 2010 camaro and was wondering besides the diff what's useful

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Most just swap the rotors and calipers using realsquash brackets. The p brake won't work unless you send off your shoes to have them modified. What gearing does it have?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most just swap the rotors and calipers using realsquash brackets. The p brake won't work unless you send off your shoes to have them modified. What gearing does it have?
3:45 but that may be mine

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is that brembo set up worth ?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Just the rears? With stock rotors? Maybe $150 or so. Just a guess.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The way I understand it the guys wanting to keep the ebrake go with the camaro rears and the ones that don't care use ctsv rears. Another member just put ss rears on his and said nothing about modifying the shoes or about any brackets.

·
Registered
118 Posts
From what i understand, the entire rear section will bolt right in our G8's. The only thing that will not bolt on is the rear sway bar. The Camaro rear bar is shaped differently and will not clear the G8 rear floor pan insert. A few of us are replacing the rear G8 Knuckles to Camaro assemblies which will improve the rear suspension, and fix the Ebrake issue. However, the Squash performance brackets are by far the easiest way to get the rears working, but again with those brackets, you need to have rear ebrake shoes made, switch to the Camaro knuckle assemble and ebrake setup, or lose the ebrake altogether. Are you an Manual or Automatic?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm auto but I won't be using the rear section just taking the diff out of it I was wondering if anyone can use the rest of it and or what the value is

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Where are you located? Shipping on that stuff won't be cheap, but I would be interested in the knuckles w/ park brake assys, upper control arms, and half-shafts.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where are you located? Shipping on that stuff won't be cheap, but I would be interested in the knuckles w/ park brake assys, upper control arms, and half-shafts.
I live in orange county 92886 area code

·
Registered
118 Posts
Correct, Maryland speed sells the DBA rotors to work with this setup, they also work with the factory E brakes. You will need to trim the rear pads slightly to fit the rotors, not a big deal. But for me its to much of a liability should anything happen. Too easy for the insurance companies to see and reject a claim. Also, other members who have used these rotors have reported bad brake noise, some say its because of the rear calipers not being in the center line of the rotor???. You can search the past posts and decide for you self. Me, i'm choosing to switch to the Camaro rear setup, more money upfront but for those who autocross or track your cars it will be a better cheaper solution in the long run.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
The way I understood it camaro rears along with camaro rotors would bolt right up on a G8 with the exception of the parking brake not being functional. Am I wrong? Do you have to have the real squash brackets to get them to bolt up at all? I thought that camaro rears calipers and Gen 1 V rear calipers were the same?

·
Registered
118 Posts
You are correct, the Camaro rotors and Camaro/CTSV calipers will bolt on with the Brackets. However you will loose the e brakes. If you go with the DBA rotors, they will bolt on with out the brackets and you retain the e brakes, but because they are slightly smaller you will have to modify the brake pads so they match up to the rotors. I know that a lot of people that have automatics don't worry about the e brakes, but I have an M6 GXP, so this isn't an option for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.