Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some input from everyone before i bite the bullet. I have a 2009 with the 3.6. I want to do a 3.27 swap. I found a whole cradle for sale for $500. Do you guys think it is worth it?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
A guy did the swap a while back, do a search. I don't recall him running into too many problems.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The cradle swap is easy. I've done 3. Get it complete from caliper to caliper, because your G8 brakes won't work. You will have to splice wheel speed sensor wires, and clearance a small portion of the front of the spare tire well. The rest is bolt in. There is a complete how to on here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
yes it will raise the back some, especially if you have a higher mile car with worn out parts. I have coil-overs on my car, so I can adjust hide height. The other cars that I've done just ran stock springs and dealt with it. You could also run drop springs in the rear if it really bothered you. You will gain .5-.75" in ride height.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The cradle swap is easy. I've done 3. Get it complete from caliper to caliper, because your G8 brakes won't work. You will have to splice wheel speed sensor wires, and clearance a small portion of the front of the spare tire well. The rest is bolt in. There is a complete how to on here somewhere.
Do you happen to know where I could find the write up? I swapped out the rear cradle on my GT and got it tuned for the gear change but my (ABS) light is still on and my (ESC) is off, keep getting a wheel speed mismatch code.

·
Premium Member
6,435 Posts

Reactions: yutzybrian
1 - 8 of 8 Posts