Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Camaro trans pan with wide mouth filter today. My local dealership will be doing the install but I have a question. How much fluid can I expect to be used to replace what comes out and to top off the deeper pan? I have a fear that it wont get filled back up high enough because they'll put in what the "book" says for a G8 and they wont remember the fact that they just put a Camaro pan on.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Chevrolet Performance Par
711 Posts
The Camaro and G8 service manuals both say the same thing. Approx. 6.7 qts. I would error on about 8 being needed to be safe.

Or the dealer could always use the fluid level plug to tell it is full ;)

·
every village has one
2,319 Posts
You're going to be fine. The pan can be fit into place with some fluid already in it. There is no trans dipstick, only a fill plug. The final check of fluid level will be done with the car running on the hoist at temperature with the plug out.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or the dealer could always use the fluid level plug to tell it is full ;)
That's exactly my concern. Instead of actually checking it, they will just put in what the "manual" says and call it good.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Camaro pan, use the camaro spec to refill.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm pretty sure I put 7.5 qts in when I did mine a month ago.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well...............they said they put 6 qts in. Hope that's enough! What are the signs of the fluid not being topped off correctly.........just in case?

·
Registered
545 Posts
You'll slip in 1st & 2nd gear. It will start to slip around 5500 rpm. I guess the other way would be to put the car up on jackstands, level the pan & check for yourself.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Do you have the part# for the deeper pan and filter

·
every village has one
2,319 Posts
Do you have the part# for the deeper pan and filter
24250062. $65.95
Give Greg at Pace Performance a call. He will take care of you

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well...............they said they put 6 qts in. Hope that's enough! What are the signs of the fluid not being topped off correctly.........just in case?
Do you have a new stall to go with the Camaro pan and filter?

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Im 99% sure bluegoat is running a camaro pan. Might just PM him and ask. Im thinkin 6 is going to be low.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would guess around 1-1.5 qts low. I'm pretty sure I added 7.5 qts on mine with the camaro pan

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have a new stall to go with the Camaro pan and filter?
Stock stall still.

I cant believe they didn't top it off right. They know how to check that stuff and they said they checked it. Who knows though.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
1 - 20 of 74 Posts