Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'm sure if you had a set of 4.10's in the G8 it would run with anything. I haven't done much research and seen Camaro rear end swaps , but not sure why people dont do more rear gear swaps on here. On my Mustang it was the first mod cause of the lack of power. lol

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I'm sure if you had a set of 4.10's in the G8 it would run with anything. I haven't done much research and seen Camaro rear end swaps , but not sure why people dont do more rear gear swaps on here. On my Mustang it was the first mod cause of the lack of power. lol
Simply no need. Our cars do fine on the stock gearing; sure on a bolt on cars the 3.27's and 3.45's help out but I don't see it as being a necessity in the big scheme of things. Im content with my 2.92's and subsequent highway fuel mileage.

and yea I agree, the mustangs need all the help they can get!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Oh I know there is no need!!!! LOL Coming from a pretty much full bolt on 04 Mustang gt to a bone stock G8 gt family sedan this car is leaps and bounds better in all aspects. I guess I was just comparing apples to oranges and like you said Mustangs need them but G8's don't. I'm sure 4.10s would be fun though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
unless its the ZL1, but thats a diff price range all together
I'm not a huge Camaro fan, but I recently got to drive a customer's '14 Z28. WOW. That thing is a bad bitch.

As far as 4.10s, my brother had some in a '98 Chevy 1500 with a 350 that had some Flowmaster something on it. Holy crap. Doing like 2,600 RPM at 65-70. NOT a good cruising truck... she was fun though. Especially after the motor got rebuilt with a blower on it.

Also, nice thread revival haha.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Is this thing a TANK/APC or a car?

I just had a look at the 2016 Camaro and the side windows look like gunports. This leaves me liking the older models a lot better....all the way back to plastic F bodies. The initial thing that drove me towards G8's was that they looked better than the high waisted short roof of the Chargers/300s. Obviously the Camaros have advanced in performance but there will be higher maintenance with the direct injection. Four years from now when I still have my G8, it will a** whup newer cars that have lost horsepower that have not been on a proper high maintenance schedule.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Like they said, the 5.0 weighs roughly 600lbs less than a G8, is more powerful from the factory and tends to have much better gearing. The G8 can definitely hold it's own, ask Troy about the 650whp supercharged 5.0.

Also I'd like to be a witness to OP and Troy racing lol. I'll tag along, but I know I'll lose for now. Can't wait to get some extra cash.

On a side note wait for the 2015 Mustang, supposed to be more powerful and even lighter, I may have to trade up lol.
Wow, you predicted the trade up a long time ago...now just share the winning lottery ticket numbers and I'll go buy a ticket...

·
Registered
896 Posts
I originally wanted a Camaro. Thankfully, I ended up with my G8. Much more rare and looks better without question.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
The 2016 Camaro SS should be a beast at 455 HP. They unveiled it at our plant (St. Kitts GM powertrain) last week. Looks awesome in person.
Looks like a 5th gen with LED lights.... great it has the LT1 and 8 speed auto. Still not a fan that it has AFM. Not a fan of how GM is doing their cars lately in concerns to price and options. I have a feeling all cars will be going this way though, high price with tons of options but lack of stripper models to drive profits.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
1,054 Posts
But the main difference is that the G8 has become a museum piece, while they continue to develop the Camaro, although the flip-out style ignition key, if left un-dealer-modded, may cause your death.

GM, WHERE DO YOU FIND YOUR ENGINEERS? Really.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts