Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a set of camaro wheel/tires that came off a g8 but the guy selling them said it rubbed a little in the back. His tire sizes are 245/40/20 and 275/40/20. Does anyone think this setup will work with no problems? He didn't say how bad it rubbed or if it wasn't going to affect anything. I don't know if it helps but I don't keep anything in my trunk and I never have people in he back seat (as far as weight goes to lower the back of the car but not sure if that even matters.)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Typical specs are 245/35/20 in the front and 275/30/20 in the back. Are you lowered or stock height? Since stock 19" wheels are 245/40/19 and assuming you're not lowered, you should be able to fit without rubbing issues (assuming no weight in the trunk or back seats). I may be missing something though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I guess I'd be questioning why he's selling them in the first place. A "little rub" is very subjective. I ran the calculations and it looks like the difference between a 275/40 and a 275/30 tire is 1.09" or so. I know people with 275/30/20 can lower 1" without rubbing issues but when the car is loaded up, they'd rub when hitting a dip or a bump in the road. I think you're good to go! Good luck, just don't lower it!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I guess I'd be questioning why he's selling them in the first place. A "little rub" is very subjective. I ran the calculations and it looks like the difference between a 275/40 and a 275/30 tire is 1.09" or so. I know people with 275/30/20 can lower 1" without rubbing issues but when the car is loaded up, they'd rub when hitting a dip or a bump in the road. I think you're good to go! Good luck, just don't lower it!!
The tire is actually 2" taller, which is over 7% larger, definitely not recommended. I'd replace the tires with something properly sized as soon as possible. Also be aware that at an indicated speed of 60MPH you'll be closer to 65MPH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.