Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either this guy knows nothing about cars or he thinks he is driving the No 18 M&M's Camry he stole from Kyle Busch's hauler.
Ok so I pull up to the stoplight I am in the outside and he is in the inside lane both turning left. His car caught my eye as it was a dark color with tinted Windows and possible dark factory wheels and dual exhaust.
So light turns green and I am talking to my 3 year daughter paying no attention to this fool. I make the wide turn and when we straighten out his front bumper is besides my rear passenger door doing 35-40 mph. I live of this street so I know in about 200 yards the outside lane ends, so I give the LNR a little gas, nothing crazy so I can get in front. Before I can do that, I hear a kitten purr...lol.. and I look left this fool is looking at me holding onto the steering like he's on a wild mustang at a rodeo. By this time his front bumper is beside my door. For a second I think I'm going to let him go and fall behind him as I can see the lane ending 100 yards left. While I'm thinking this my daughter goes "papa you got to go he's going to win".....lol....thus I go I merge over I look back and he still coming but I have a car length over him. So I start slowing down he comes right upto my bumper. So I nail it again and I'm doing almost triple digits on a 35 mph curvy road my tires are squealing and now I am about 5+ car lengths on him. I pulled my window down turn my hazards signal with my hand for him to come and get some more ass whooping . He never came, my daughter goes we won you finished first yeah.........appeared to be from South East Asia...maybe Indian...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Nice story, got your daughter in the right mind set................

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Awesome, daughter definitely in the right mindset. Triple digits in a curvy 35mph zone, better get your flame suit on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
933 Posts
My neice's mother is a very agressive/angry driver... when she was 2 or 3 she somehow learned that if you were stopped at a light, and the car in front of you didn't go immediately when the light turned green, you needed to say "GO B%*&H!".

Sometimes loudly, sometimes softly... and yes it was quite tough not to laugh and thus encourage her to say it more.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
GREAT story. The amount of crappy/crazy drivers on the road amazes me daily.

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Nice story minus the fact that you're doing tripe digits on a street that is 35 mph WITH YOUR 3 YEAR OLD IN THE CAR. Just flat out stupid, IMO. Sorry.

My 3 year old daughter likes to "go fast", too. But that usually means WOT through first gear when the streets are clear or something like that. Not racing some dude at 100mph with curves. Really, really stupid.

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
Good stuff!, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets challenged by Camry's.

I had a white one with dark tinted windows, lowered with wheels and 3000K HID's in its foglights on the highway driving like it was NASCAR. I wonder if those 3.5L V6's have some mods that give the cars and their owners something that makes them feel like they have something as the cars do go pretty good with 270HP/240TQ, but, no. I didn't let this guy get anything at all on the GT.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Funny story but I personally won't race with my kids in the car. I was at the track this weekend and my daughter kept begging to ride with me but I won't be able to live with myself if something happened and she got hurt. Be safe sir.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Eh, your cars are about the same size and no one knows about the G8GTs so I'm sure he figured it was a good race.

I'm no angel but those speeds are a big much for the street you did that in. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Doing triple digits in a 35 MPH zone? Bad enough.
Doing it with your kid in the car? Dumb and irresponsible.
Bragging about it on the internet? WTF is wrong with you???

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wow...sounds like a good lesson, good ride and happy ending....and then the few G8 guys with tampons and a prius in the garage chime in...some fit into the drivers category and some fit into owners category....or they have a camry

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Wow...sounds like a good lesson, good ride and happy ending....and then the few G8 guys with tampons and a prius in the garage chime in...some fit into the drivers category and some fit into owners category....or they have a camry
Who are you talking about in particular because all I see is guys telling him to be careful and not do something that will end up ruining his life if something was to go wrong. If the police had been around, he would have gotten arrested on the spot especially with his 3 year old in the car. These "few guys with G8s" are simply looking out for him.

I see no use for your comment especially when it makes no sense at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts