Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been humming and haing since the amazing turn-out at Lakeview and been thinking, can we truly bring the OGOC to life? And by that I mean a dedicated webpage with a committee, etc. Something to be a passtime for some of us but a little more than the G8Board at the same time.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the G8Board but I find it restrictive at times but for fair reasons that the Mods have.

I know there's a number of you that have various business connections, etc. Unfortunately, my line of work I can't do squat for this but help establish it.

Just a thought on a lazy Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Tough call on this one. There used to be one a dedicated forum a while ago, but it pretty much fizzled out. I'm not sure if it was lack of organization or if everyone just preferred to come here instead.

On that note, I have first hand experience building/running message boards. If everyone really, really, really wants a local club site, I can help out here for sure.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Just give me credit for the name and I'll help out where ever I can, lol.

·
OGOC Member
2,647 Posts
Ya Im in for sure Scott let me know what you think and we can figure something out. I was thinking the same thing , also having the annual meet at Lakeview Would be great or somewhere else , but honestly I would have the one big one every year at the same place and see how many more we can get to show up.
Just let me know and I will help out getting it going if theres interest for it.

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
peter22000 was the one that did it and just kept getting hit with spam and was to time demanding for the amount of ppl that went on it

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
I'm new and slow....OGOC?

Ontario
G8
Owners
Club?

·
OGOC Member
2,647 Posts

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
It's a cool idea but I'm not sure it's feasible with 20 or so members. However, if it gets up and running I'll buy a t-shirt and post frequently.

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
need more g8rs to come outta the wood work must be 25 in ottawa that ive seen that arent on here or hide like gache lol

·
OGOC Member
2,647 Posts
Ya i see alot of them here also but their mostly older folks.

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Ya i see alot of them here also but their mostly older folks.
Had an older couple chat me up at a Timmies yesterday, asking if mine was a GT (the rims threw them off). I think they're actually customers of ours here, a burgundy V6 if I'm not mistaken...

·
OGOC Member
2,647 Posts
Had an older couple chat me up at a Timmies yesterday, asking if mine was a GT (the rims threw them off). I think they're actually customers of ours here, a burgundy V6 if I'm not mistaken...
I had a burgundy one pass me yesterday also

·
Registered
822 Posts
Running a forum is a LOT LOT LOTTTTTT of work. Honestly your crowd is too small to run one. You need over 1000 ppl + to start to get somewhere. there are also server costs, you need some kind of org structure and you need a domain etc etc. Also if you get a cyber attack you need to know how to restart the board. The value of a good forum vs a poor one - it is only as good as the posts and knowledge base. This place has both.

Based on the zero mods on your car the most of you have it wouldnt be really helpful. If you want to be social make meets but thats what this section of this forum is form.

Just my opinion... doesnt mean im right or wrong. This forum has been good. Why change?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I have to agree with Greg on this one: as neat as it would be to have an OGOC forum, it is likely easier and better to just post threads in this section on the board. It's a great place to advertise meets and get some NY and MI attention, too.

One thing that might work is if the moderators here would open an Ontario- or Eastern Canada-only section under the master "Canada" thread, although truthfully there aren't many Canadian members period, so just posting Ontario-themed threads in "Canada" is likely sufficient.

·
OGOC Member
2,647 Posts
I have to agree with Greg on this one: as neat as it would be to have an OGOC forum, it is likely easier and better to just post threads in this section on the board. It's a great place to advertise meets and get some NY and MI attention, too.

One thing that might work is if the moderators here would open an Ontario- or Eastern Canada-only section under the master "Canada" thread, although truthfully there aren't many Canadian members period, so just posting Ontario-themed threads in "Canada" is likely sufficient.
I agree if they can set a Ontario section that would work great

·
Registered
472 Posts
Running a forum is a LOT LOT LOTTTTTT of work. Honestly your crowd is too small to run one. You need over 1000 ppl + to start to get somewhere. there are also server costs, you need some kind of org structure and you need a domain etc etc. Also if you get a cyber attack you need to know how to restart the board. The value of a good forum vs a poor one - it is only as good as the posts and knowledge base. This place has both.

Based on the zero mods on your car the most of you have it wouldnt be really helpful. If you want to be social make meets but thats what this section of this forum is form.

Just my opinion... doesnt mean im right or wrong. This forum has been good. Why change?
This.

·
Founder:HOCONA
670 Posts
Coming out of the wood work... :)

Just bought my first G8 GT in PBM...a super clean 1SD car. ;)

I'm on gpona, oqcgp, grrrr8, cadillac forums, and now here. ;)

Oh and I'm in Niagara.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Coming out of the wood work... :)

Just bought my first G8 GT in PBM...a super clean 1SD car. ;)

I'm on gpona, oqcgp, grrrr8, cadillac forums, and now here. ;)
Well then welcome to this group! And congrats on the purchase, I'm sure you will love it. Keep it locked to this section of the board for meets and events!

·
Founder:HOCONA
670 Posts
Well then welcome to this group! And congrats on the purchase, I'm sure you will love it. Keep it locked to this section of the board for meets and events!
Thanks man, quick reply... Just tooling arround figuring out my sig and what not.

Two orders into Crazy Paul already.

Holden conversion coming...

Btw I know Wayne... Black G8 GXP A6...

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks man, quick reply... Just tooling arround figuring out my sig and what not.

Two orders into Crazy Paul already.

Holden conversion coming...

Btw I know Wayne... Black G8 GXP A6...
Ya, this is one of my Internet homes, if you catch my drift. Haven't met Wayne, only other GXP owner I met was Chris.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the conversion.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts