Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deal or no deal? - asking price is 21,900. Fair price? Negotiation wiggle room? Suggestions? I am also planning on buying it remotely and it will be shipped to my family and put in storage for me.

Its an 09 GT with 70k km | 43k miles - Sunroof and leather, non premium ( No silver pedals or red leather )

It also appears to already have the Ram Air intake. - The dealership is knowledgeable about any other work or mods....i only noticed the intake from the pictures.

The car fax report shows 2 small collisions back in 09 and 10 - repairs were 1,600$ and 1,300$...Im guessing fairly minor.

It is also a FORD dealership....And the extended warranty they are offering is the Ford warranty :S...not sure how that will all work in the end.

I am thinking of offering 21,500 and they throw in the 5 year 100,000km warranty.

Thoughts? Good deal?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I had almost the identical situation when I upgraded last year. They wanted 23,500, 63k kilometers, bone stock. I got them down to 21,500 and jumped on it. An unmolested Canadian GT is rare these days. I also bought it from a Ford dealership but the offered warranty meant I'd have to service the car with Ford technicians. These cars are a bit tricky so I would only want a GM warranty. I say go for it though and be prepared spend way more money on mods.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. Yea thats the thing im skeptical about getting the Ford warranty.

Also, seeing as it has the intake and they dont even know if it has any other mods or tunes....Hope it isnt bagged! Its a black on black with tint from northern small town in Saskatchewan - wonder if its an old forum members

Anyone know if I can buy GM extended warranty even after buying through a ford dealership?

Whats a fair price ya think? 19-20?

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, that guys g8 at 26k makes it the most expensive g8 across Canada lol.

I emailed him and said he would take 21,500...without the extended warranty that he has.

Id rather get the one in flinflon with less km and less cash.

I also saw that g8 and its a younger seller and appeared to have a wiggly front bumper, not sure what the issues were.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What is the Flin Flon car like for stone chips? The paint is terrible on these and I would imagine a car up there might see a lot of gravel. I refuse to go on gravel with mine. The most gravel it's seen is the gravel driveway at Gimli Dragway. Are you in Winnipeg now or just moving soon?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealership has sent me pics and it looks to be fair, im asking for a video and to get another person to look at the car. One day regardless of the car I would like to get a semi matte black paint job on.

Nice nice, Im currently up north but go down a few times a year at least. I had happened to be in Winnipeg, and getting subway to be exact when that guy was taking pics of his G8 lol. ( The car I was driving is actually in picture 2 on the kijiji ad ) I was in the car with my sister saying see, thats the car I want to buy...when I saw him drive out of the car wash and drive over to park and take pics of it. Thats how I saw them moving the bumper around and what not. - then found it on kijiji after i came back up and browsing.

I will be down again in July and likely moving by the end of year unless work persuades me. - either way ill be getting a g8 for a city car, i dont like having to borrow one when im down there - and ultimately want one for when i do move :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Where was this car wash? I know most of the G8 GTs in Wpg. There are 2 black ones that I have lost track of though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its in StJames - Ness and Morray. Not sure what its called but its in the little strip with subway, a gym, mc dicks, a hair place and the car wash n maybe a few others.

Quite a young owner was my thoughts. Highschool kid or not long out of anyway.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would yall consider this normal or above average rust for a Canadian car with JUST under 70k km...

Wish i could get a brand spanking new g8 gt. Have those GM dollars from my visa too to spend on a NEW gm vehicle, over 3,000 now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow. Seems for sure like a coast or ontario car. I hate how cars rust so bad from tbose places. And seems normal for those places or lots of rust for a prairie car

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sadly that we're my thoughts too

It's a rural Sask and MB car according to the car fax. Sure was surprised to see that. Kind of disappointed. I guess there is always those Rust places that can clean it up and put the rust proofing / rust check spray.

Wasn't expecting to see that much. Blah

·
Registered
1,839 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea the prices are pretty crazy up here it seems.

A lot of them are private sales wanting way more than they are worth - 80k km and up wanting like 25,000$ an similar.

I am currently looking at a SMR GT with 60k km for 18,000$

Yea that one might be a scam posting, although it does list the phone number maybe its just a rebuild or something.

Most of the private sales are wanting way more than the dealerships so it leads me to believe they all owe some cash on their loan or something, where as most dealerships are asking around 22k.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I have emailed 3 times 60,748 miles for 10,400.00 dollars. Maybe I should drive buy & see what this is all about.

·
Registered
71 Posts
guess I got a really good deal on mine

got it 2 months ago
it had 70,000 km on it
no winters
a few minor scratches here and there but nothing serious

paid $13,000 even came with CAI and Cortex programmer

they were asking 14500

but they were getting divorce and needed to move it

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought mine out of Winnipeg in October, 98,000km, quite a bit under $20,000.
Wow, where are you guys snagging these deals?

Im now working with a dealship to source one...Not even a GT for sale in all of MB at the moment. Kijiji nada, autotrader nada.

I did end up passing on a few higher km / poorer condition with rust n what not.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I work at a rural former GM dealership (victim of the GM cuts 5 years ago). We had a black GT for sale about 18 months ago. It was low miles, imported from South Dakota. Took a long time to sell. I don't know what the final sale price was but I think it was mid 20's.

I guess I just lucked out. The one I bought was on Kijiji for at least 3 weeks and when I went for the first look he said he'd had calls but nobody had even bothered to show up to look at it until I arrived. He had bought the car at Macnaught Pontiac in March 2014 but now had the hots for a 300SRT8 or whatever you call it (I'm a diehard GM guy, don't know the other brands very good!)

I don't think I stole it but I think I could likely make a few bucks on it if I wanted to sell it right now.

I hadn't even been looking for one. Over the course of about a week, our daughter said she wanted to buy our boring 2009 Buick Allure and I happened to notice the older ad for the G8 on Kijiji. On a whim, I called to see if he still had it and went to look at it because I was going to be in Winnipeg anyway. Never go look at something on a whim..... It can cost you a lot of money. One test drive and I was sold!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
8 Participants
BJones
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing