Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we all see the g8s up for sale in the states for good prices 15-30k
but i was wondering bout our market sicne our cars are maybe 30% more you think a gt from the states selling for 20k would be closer to 30k or what?

maybe list what u all paid and what kind?

i tihnk mine was 50k all in and it was 3k more than the base model

·
Registered
147 Posts
I see base g8s go for 15-20k, and gts go for 22-27k. are you looking to sell?

·
Registered
822 Posts
so we all see the g8s up for sale in the states for good prices 15-30k
but i was wondering bout our market sicne our cars are maybe 30% more you think a gt from the states selling for 20k would be closer to 30k or what?

maybe list what u all paid and what kind?

i tihnk mine was 50k all in and it was 3k more than the base model

GTA market - just sold mine in February.

09 G8 GT
91,000KM
original owner
Excellent condition
Extremely well maintained (ahead of the maintenance schedule)
1SC package - leather, sound, roof
$20,000 dealer offered me on trade in
Car sold for $23,000 to a member on the board here.

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see base g8s go for 15-20k, and gts go for 22-27k. are you looking to sell?
i was jus inquiring about it since the us market is kinda soft compared to us. and ive seen so many gt selling for under 20k was interested in it to see whats the comparables out there.

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
A local member just bought his GT for well under $20k. I bought mine over 2 years ago for $25k.

Our prices are fairly close to the US.

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A local member just bought his GT for well under $20k. I bought mine over 2 years ago for $25k.

Our prices are fairly close to the US.
u got urs used? i got mine new with 3km and now has 35k lol

where u grab urs from?

but jus like buying one from the us the taxes n stuff to cross the boarder would make it 5k more or something.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wonder what my SBM GT would be worth up here in Canada... 125,000 km on it. Has some mods. Wonder if the colour would bring any value to it.

I'll be selling next Spring, would be nice to get at least 16K for it.

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
Depends where you are 'up here'... prices vary regionally. For example, Alberta and BC seemed higher $$ across the board when I was looking for mine last summer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
u got urs used? i got mine new with 3km and now has 35k lol

where u grab urs from?

but jus like buying one from the us the taxes n stuff to cross the boarder would make it 5k more or something.
I got mine from Jack May. Took a while to find one without a sunroof and with everything else. Ends up the dealer sold the car to the middle aged woman that owned it first. After I asked them to find me one that customer went back to them and mentioned that they were trading it in on an Audi. It wasn't driven in the winter and had low mileage (mid 20K) so they knew I'd jump on it, which I did.

I wasn't interested in owning a black car but it was a good deal so I folded. Glad I did now! I paid around $25k for it so was around 30k with some extra stuff I had them do/install.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Depends where you are 'up here'... prices vary regionally. For example, Alberta and BC seemed higher $$ across the board when I was looking for mine last summer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yes prices in Alberta are crazy.i have been looking for the past year every thing is 24k and up anything lower gone fast or is trashed.
every time the canoe.ca auto reporter posts the future collectible list about 5 times a year everyone is trying to sell thinking they have a golden ticket to cash in.
So far importing is looking good then may be a GXP is in the plan.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been keeping a lookout for a gt in alberta. Few and far between. Going south of the border might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I was looking for mine, the only place I could find a GT was in Alberta. There was only one or two base models for sale in Saskatchewan at the time. 24k and up seems to be the norm now around here.

·
Registered
472 Posts
GTA market - just sold mine in February.

09 G8 GT
91,000KM
original owner
Excellent condition
Extremely well maintained (ahead of the maintenance schedule)
1SC package - leather, sound, roof
$20,000 dealer offered me on trade in
Car sold for $23,000 to a member on the board here.
Yup, $22,800 for me in February 2013. It did still have the Roto-Fab, Solo V2 catback, and the Breyton's still on with brand new Falken FK452's - mods don't usually increase the value of a car, but since they were almost what I wanted to do anyway, I was going to save money. I bought it the morning after it showed up on AutoTrader. I'm up over 95k now, and it definitely looks and feels like a sub-50k car.

I wanted White Hot only, so my search was kind of frustrating. The market is very slow over the winter and I was losing hope that a nice White Hot one was going to pop up. Importing from the US might have saved me a couple grand on the purchase price, but the out-the-door cost is definitely higher. As far as I know, because G8's are made in Australia, they do not fall under NAFTA and will be hit with a 6.1% duty at the border on top of HST and whatever taxes.

I would say the low 20's is a reasonable price for a clean G8 with lower mileage (<60k). Those who are patient can probably do a bit better. Many of the ones listed in the mid 20's, typically dealers, sit for a long time before selling. I missed out and was SO CLOSE on getting a 12,500km(!) WH GT for $24,500 last September. The night before I went to go look at it, some guy from New Brunswick bought the car over the phone sight unseen.

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wasn't interested in owning a black car but it was a good deal so I folded. Glad I did now! I paid around $25k for it so was around 30k with some extra stuff I had them do/install.
yeah i woulda done the same took me 6months to finally get into mine after a horrible experience from the donelly on bank its like they werent even looking then made other inquires and finally 10 minutes on the phone for surgenor ponitac i had my approval and half the job done the next day signed papers and a day after that drove mine off the lot with 3km on it

but the only reason i would be wanting to sell is to grab up a gxp with some mods maybe with a s/c and cam. maybe ill grab one of the vegas ones heheheh when i move there

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
A GXP would certainly be the way I would have gone had they been available in Canada. I think if (when) I decide to move out of the G8 I would get into something like the CTS-V, but definitely manual.

That would be a few years down the line so who knows what will be available then...Chevy Cruze with 565hp? ;-)

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
BC is a joke. HST is being phased out but I'm not sure if that'll hurt or help us seeing as everyday items are gouged to hell. I could rant forever and ever on how BC is an all looks, no brains province.

Paid 18900 for mine in nov. Lease return..all service records...mint condition with the exception of some stone chips. 83k on the ticker.[/color]
I got my V6 for $18k. Trade in, all records, great condition except for stone chips as well. 78k on the odo. Original owner traded in on an Equinox since the g/f got knocked up, lol.

Dealer was asking $20k!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Local dealership is selling a loaded 09 V6 with 94,000 for $17,000. I've never seen a 4 year old car with some many stone chips, dents and scratches.:eek:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts