Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used Cortex, and I'm trying to update it so I can tune my car. I installed the update software, but when I plug in the Cortex to USB, Windows cannot find the drivers for it to install. I've tried on my W7 laptop and XP desktop, neither finds any drivers.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have you tried restarting your pc since the software install?

jgt1

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
You have to download their software and their software detects the tuner. It's a little funky and I also believe Superchips servers need to be running in order for it to be found. It's been a long time since I've done this but I believe you need to plug in the tuner before or after opening the software.

I would suggest making sure you're not plugged into a USB 3.0 port, use a USB 2.0 port (USB 3 ports are blue usually). You can also initiate a hardware scan with Device Manager.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. It worked today, not sure what I did different though. I did figure out the software has to be opened for it to find the drivers. Windows detected and identified it without the software being opened , but couldn't find the drivers. Unfortunately, after getting that to work , I'm getting an exception and it is telling me to contact support. I am going to be pissed if it is locked, as it was sold as unlocked.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
That doesn't sound like a locked device issue. Sounds like it installed unknown drivers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I FOUND THE FIX FINALLY!!!! After hours and hours of using a windows 7 vm and messing around with windows 10 i found the fix guys!!!!! You need to go to a website called Internet Archive: Wayback Machine then put the superchips website in. Then travel back in time i think its 2012 and load a page from that time. After superchips website from 2012 is loaded scroll down tell you see the internet updates. Install that and then go to the directory and find where superchips spark was installed. Usually Program files x86 then you shall see a superchips folder and then Easy update folder. Click on Easy update folder then click drivers folder. U just need these drivers to fix all your issues!!! Click on dpinsrx64 or x86 if your on an old computer. Then let it install! Once installed you will have 2 check marks and it will say device working properly. now your free to open the new spark and update!!! Your welcome everyone!!! Also your cortex tuner will say usb port mode or something. So excited i have a long update to install lol i don't think mine was ever updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts