Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in Central Ohio im trying to find the wires and harness (entire thing or just the part that connects to the front left headlight)

Mine burnt up and cops keep pulling me over. A new full harness from OEM is 400+

My car: 09' G8 v6
Looking for the part or cars that would have the same part in it so I can go to a pick n pull. No yards around Ohio have g8s in them from what I've found

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You're probably going to have to purchase a tail with the connector and splice the wires. I would get some heat shrink tubing, some splicers (the tubular ones, not the cones) and crimp the wires into place.

First slide the heat shrink over the wire harness that's large enough for the 2 wires and splices. Using a crimping tool, splice the wires, and then slide the heat shrink into place and shrink it. :)

I may be wrong, but I don't think you're going to find any other inexpensive way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're probably going to have to purchase a tail with the connector and splice the wires. I would get some heat shrink tubing, some splicers (the tubular ones, not the cones) and crimp the wires into place.

First slide the heat shrink over the wire harness that's large enough for the 2 wires and splices. Splice the wires, and then slide the heat shrink into place and shrink it. :)

I may be wrong, but I don't think you're going to find any other inexpensive way.
From what I can see the current set of wires and connector is completely messed up and corroded. Any idea where I could get a tail for that?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You could check just about any auto-parts store. They should have the part you need. There really isn't a separate part number to search for to my knowledge.

It seems like $400 is for the whole chassis wiring harness?

If you went to a dealer for this, they'd charge you something like 40-60 for the tail, and then they'd add labor for the splice. When wires burn, you really just replace the wires; no sense in replacing more than is needed. :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
post a pic of damaged harness and wiring

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Millers Auto Wreckers in Fort Erie and Dom's Auto Wreckers in Oshawa and G8's they are parting out.
What parts are left or if they would ship to you I don't know but may be worth a call.
Good luck.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The connector he needs is for the capsule no the individual bulbs so I doubt a ready made pigtail will be availible. Best bet is to have it cut off another car. Don't forget to put 11-13 caprices in your search at wrecking yards those should be the same as the G8. Good Luck.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hold up on ordering, rockauto got it for 3 bucks:

ACDELCO PT1076 Fuel Injector Connector | RockAuto

Got my this part from Rock Auto and it does fit the headlight capsule just fine. Don't be tempted to move the wires around in the connector. Need a special tool to remove them from the cavity and not using it will break the connector. Just cit off any wires you don't need. They all look to be a bigger gauge than the factory ones so no current issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts