Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Trying to figure out if the caprices compressor and condenser will work with our cars? The price difference is significantly lower and give it’s also a 6.0 I’m not sure why it would. Can’t find any info in search so wanted to see if someone else has done this?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Looking at those 2 parts for the Caprice, they show different P/N's for each of them. I can see your point, since the difference between the 2 is approaching the $186 range. Maybe another member has experimented (wondering the same thing), an can verify if they will or will not work as alternate choice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey guys. Trying to figure out if the caprices compressor and condenser will work with our cars? The price difference is significantly lower and give it’s also a 6.0 I’m not sure why it would. Can’t find any info in search so wanted to see if someone else has done this?
Literally the only difference between the L76 of the G8 and the Caprice's L77 is the L77 can take E85. They should bolt right up with no problem.

·
Registered
344 Posts
They are both variable compressors but the PPV;s have a clutch. Not sure if the variable circuitry and voltages are the same though. Guess you would have to wire the clutch to be on all the time if you put it in a G8 since the HVAC in a G8 woiuld not have a "CLutch On" command

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at those 2 parts for the Caprice, they show different P/N's for each of them. I can see your point, since the difference between the 2 is approaching the $186 range. Maybe another member has experimented (wondering the same thing), an can verify if they will or will not work as alternate choice.
I did read the caprice is a 3 rib pulley vs the 4 of the g8 but I’m not seeing anything as to wether or not it was tried. Given one of the responses it would seem maybe it’s not a direct swap

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are both variable compressors but the PPV;s have a clutch. Not sure if the variable circuitry and voltages are the same though. Guess you would have to wire the clutch to be on all the time if you put it in a G8 since the HVAC in a G8 woiuld not have a "CLutch On" command
sounds like a headache that could be avoidedby spending that extra 200dollars

·
Registered
589 Posts
i did this one. works flawless since Nov 2019....From Pit Stop Auto 250.00.,,,
SKU:1011390

1 - 8 of 8 Posts