Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had pacesetter headers installed with rotofab intake and livernois tune. Afterwards the car felt like a whole new beast and i would roast the tires half way through first if i didn't roll onto the throttle.

Anyways a couple of days ago Ive noticed my car isn't pulling hard like it did. today for example its sprinkling outside, so the ground is slightly wet, and flooring it off the line resulted in a minor wheel chirp.

A pull from 40 feels sluggish, however a pull from 50 pulls hard as hell. It feels as though im down on the low end torque, but the high end pull still seems present. What could cause this?

The car doesn't sound any different, no check engine lights. shifts are normal. everything seems to be operating as it should. But its definitely missing that torque feel.

side note... a week ago my mom borrowed the car while hers was in the shop and she told me a check engine light came on. Onstar ran a diagnostic and said the fuel pump wasn't operating at full capacity or something (her words)... When i got the car back from her I heard that the headers were leaking, took it to the mechanic, tightened everything back up, and the check engine light immediately turned off. (This small leak caused MASSIVE torque loss, but was rectified immediately after he tightened the headers back up) I figured the check engine light was something to do with a funky O2 reading via the header leak.

If anyone could shed some light on maybe something to check out, I would appreciate it. Thanks

I suppose One more thing to note...
The weather has been in the 90+ (but dry) range...This was when my car pulled hardest.
The past few days has been 60% or so humidity with temps around 75 degrees. I have no clue whether this is a key factor or not, I know colder is better. But not sure about humidity at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you have a 93 oct tune? Did mom put gas in the car? Maybe she put a lower grade in...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 91 octane tune, damn Ca... She only put 91 in, and Ive refueled since then anyways. Not really sure what it could be

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,611 Posts
I'd start cleaning parts. Get some MAF cleaner, check spark plugs, clean air filter, etc... Idk how on star would know anything about the fuel pump. Do you have anything that can read your trims or afr?

·
G8 GT GUY
745 Posts
When my fuel pump started going the first time when I was stock it lost power...no cel either maybe have it checked.

It could also be partly clogged cats..you notice a power loss down low more when this happens, at least I did on a previous cars.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Bring it in for a dyno tune. They can pin point the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.