Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 has decided that it is going to act like a door is always open. Dome light won't turn off (hopefully it times out and I can start the car after work...?), door ajar light is on, it honks a super annoying 5 ****ing times when I lock the door, all that stupid **** that comes along with these over-thought electrical systems that only serve to complicate the hell out of the simplest of problems.

Now of course the dash doesn't tell me which door it thinks are open. I've got a guess that it was the door last used before I noticed the dome light not turning off as I dove. But what are the diagnostic steps?

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
I believe a Tech II could be used to check, otherwise you could open the door and test with a multi meter. The switch is in the latch. The pin outs are over on the other forum.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Would first try applying a little lubricant (preferably oil based) or grease on each of the four door latch assemblies. Then, fully open and close the door a few times. Spray or apply a little more. Then open and close the door a few more times. Hopefully, it's merely one of the latch assemblies sticking. Also, it wouldn't hurt to check the battery ground bolt as well https://www.g8board.com/forums/4-tech-lounge/224746-battery-ground-bolt-read-check-yours.html. Probably unrelated, but what could it hurt? Good luck

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did open each door a couple times and give them a good firm closing. It's not the driver door, because the retained accessory power stays on when I key off, until I open the driver door.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was fine after work. Let's just hope it wasn't a sign of things to come.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts