Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody recommend a decent hose nozzle? I want something with rubber on the end so it won't chip the paint if I get clumsy. Not too expensive either, please, so that leaves out the one from Griot's Garage.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Search sears for fire nozzles. Adams polishes also offers one but it isn't cheap although I'm sure it is very good and more purpose built.

Most of the fire nozzles are rubber cased and the only metal is indented on it (the hardware). I'm sure you can find them plenty of places online as well.

I recommend getting one with a little valve/switch thing that way you can do it with one hand. A lot of the others you need to twist which can be a bit of a pain.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
I bought the "Bon-Aire" nozzle (a long time ago) and continue to use it today. It has endless dial-able spray patterns (by rotating the head) and shuts off when reaching the full right or left rotation limits. It is surrounded in heavy rubber for useability and protection. I see it costing $16 on Amazon. Maybe better priced at other sources. Then again this might be to much money, for what you had in mind. But I think it is a super (fire type action) nozzle.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to recent reviews, Bon-Aire cheapened their nozzles so that the new ones break within a year.

Adams was out of stock on the shutoff valves for their nozzles. So I went to the local Do It Best hardware store to look at shutoff valves.

At the hardware store I saw a plastic hose nozzle with dial on sale for $3.79. I said screw it, for only $3.79 I'll try it. It works fine so far. I can't find that nozzle on the doitbest website so it may have been a one-time promo item.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.