Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remote started my car . After 10min it shut of when i put key in to start wouldnt clcrank over so it took 3 to 4 times to start finally rolled over. Its doing it wverytime i shut car of what am i looking for the broblem to be

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought for starter it would make a clicking sound? This either does nothing when i turn key or it hesitates then tries ro crank over

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill check the battery i took negative terminal off 4 days ago to put in a k&n cai. Would the k&n cai cause any problems?

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Changing your air inlet system,would not have any effect on your starter cranking circuit. Now, if you had disconnected the MAF/IAT sensor connector (for whatever purpose) making the changeover, it would sure cause a problem *if* the engine had started. But I'm sure that would have also caused the MIL icon to illuminate. If your battery is found to *not* be the problem, you could do this (to eliminate your starter) if you are going to due any of the T/S. With the ignition OFF, remove the R12 crank relay (located in the underhood fuse box) an fashion up a jump wire. After verifying the location of base pin sockets 30 an 87, jump across those 2 positions. If you feel that the starter is OK, it will now crank the engine until you remove the jump wire.

·
The Mustang dude
1,349 Posts
click = dead or dying battery. Ever changed it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts